Excluding emergency responders

NS
Nicholas Spiropoulos
Wed, Apr 1, 2020 5:37 PM

To all, the answer to Q&A 57 gives guidance on who is an emergency responder.
https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions

It seems like an exclusion would be subject to negotiation with the union representing the emergency responders. It hasn't been ordered as a carve out by the law, but is optional. Has anyone excluded? Did this come up with your union?

Nicholas Spiropoulos | Matanuska-Susitna Borough Attorney | (907) 861-8677

To all, the answer to Q&A 57 gives guidance on who is an emergency responder. https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions It seems like an exclusion would be subject to negotiation with the union representing the emergency responders. It hasn't been ordered as a carve out by the law, but is optional. Has anyone excluded? Did this come up with your union? Nicholas Spiropoulos | Matanuska-Susitna Borough Attorney | (907) 861-8677
KD
Kevin D. Pagan
Wed, Apr 1, 2020 8:58 PM

Speaking of, what are you all hearing about cities exercising the "exclusion" of first responders from the new paid time off law?  Do we have any sense of how many cities are doing that, and are they getting bad PR as a result?

I realize it would be anecdotal but I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Kevin D. Pagan
City Attorney
City of McAllen, Texas

From: Disasterrelief disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org On Behalf Of Nicholas Spiropoulos
Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 12:37 PM
To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org
Subject: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders

To all, the answer to Q&A 57 gives guidance on who is an emergency responder.
https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions

It seems like an exclusion would be subject to negotiation with the union representing the emergency responders. It hasn't been ordered as a carve out by the law, but is optional. Has anyone excluded? Did this come up with your union?

Nicholas Spiropoulos | Matanuska-Susitna Borough Attorney | (907) 861-8677
[https://www.mcallen.net/images/default-source/default-album/2020-census-logo.png] https://www.mcallen.net/census2020/

Disclaimer: If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please notify me via return e-mail and telephone at 956-681-3111, and permanently delete and purge the original and any copy thereof. This e-mail, with attachments hereto, if any, is intended only for receipt and use by the addressee(s) named herein, and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. Regardless of address or routing, if you are not the intended recipient, then you are hereby notified that any use, copying, reproduction, dissemination, distribution, or transmission of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. Whereas all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy and confidentiality of the information and data submitted herein, the City of McAllen and its employees are not liable if information or data is corrupted or does not reach its intended destination.

Speaking of, what are you all hearing about cities exercising the "exclusion" of first responders from the new paid time off law? Do we have any sense of how many cities are doing that, and are they getting bad PR as a result? I realize it would be anecdotal but I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Kevin D. Pagan City Attorney City of McAllen, Texas From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Nicholas Spiropoulos Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 12:37 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders To all, the answer to Q&A 57 gives guidance on who is an emergency responder. https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions It seems like an exclusion would be subject to negotiation with the union representing the emergency responders. It hasn't been ordered as a carve out by the law, but is optional. Has anyone excluded? Did this come up with your union? Nicholas Spiropoulos | Matanuska-Susitna Borough Attorney | (907) 861-8677 [https://www.mcallen.net/images/default-source/default-album/2020-census-logo.png] <https://www.mcallen.net/census2020/> Disclaimer: If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please notify me via return e-mail and telephone at 956-681-3111, and permanently delete and purge the original and any copy thereof. This e-mail, with attachments hereto, if any, is intended only for receipt and use by the addressee(s) named herein, and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. Regardless of address or routing, if you are not the intended recipient, then you are hereby notified that any use, copying, reproduction, dissemination, distribution, or transmission of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. Whereas all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy and confidentiality of the information and data submitted herein, the City of McAllen and its employees are not liable if information or data is corrupted or does not reach its intended destination.
CK
Corn, Kristen
Wed, Apr 1, 2020 10:58 PM

My city did exclude first responders for FFCRA purposes; however, we adopted a nearly identical policy for them. The difference is that any paid leave for a childcare/school closure is not automatic, but instead, is granted dependent on staffing levels and with chief approval. Our police and fire departments are small as is and are currently short-staffed, so we didn't want to risk a lot of employees all being out at the same time when healthy. We are not a union state, but do have (thankfully!) high morale in both departments, and we wanted to make sure they felt like they were being cared for while limiting the staffing concerns as best we could. (Obviously the risk is still there in case of actual illness.)

[cid:BrentwoodCrestLogo-JPG_e57f32ce-1814-4aa0-9f59-c9e758e5cf8a.jpg]
Kristen Corn
City Attorney | City of Brentwood

Main: 615-371-0060
5211 Maryland Way | Brentwood, TN 37027
www.brentwoodtn.govhttp://www.brentwoodtn.gov
This message has been prepared using resources owned by the City of Brentwood, Tennessee and is subject to the City's policies on use of City provided technology. E-mail created or received through the City's computer system by any City employee or official may be considered a public record, subject to public inspection, under the public records laws of Tennessee.

[...]

My city did exclude first responders for FFCRA purposes; however, we adopted a nearly identical policy for them. The difference is that any paid leave for a childcare/school closure is not automatic, but instead, is granted dependent on staffing levels and with chief approval. Our police and fire departments are small as is and are currently short-staffed, so we didn't want to risk a lot of employees all being out at the same time when healthy. We are not a union state, but do have (thankfully!) high morale in both departments, and we wanted to make sure they felt like they were being cared for while limiting the staffing concerns as best we could. (Obviously the risk is still there in case of actual illness.) [cid:BrentwoodCrestLogo-JPG_e57f32ce-1814-4aa0-9f59-c9e758e5cf8a.jpg] Kristen Corn City Attorney | City of Brentwood Main: 615-371-0060 5211 Maryland Way | Brentwood, TN 37027 www.brentwoodtn.gov<http://www.brentwoodtn.gov> [cid:FB_9e8b1b51-944c-41ca-8450-d0912034495a.gif]<https://www.facebook.com/CityBrentwoodTN/> [cid:Twitter_51adeba1-824e-4d22-9820-54c858773955.gif] <https://twitter.com/CityofBrentwood> [cid:YouTube_63de3e5a-d1c8-4cce-a44c-101563b6005e.gif] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpy4tA7ME8ra38IDTTAXHVw> [cid:Instagram_0534b669-02cf-4fa6-8d52-62b6ec54411c.gif] <https://www.instagram.com/cityofbrentwoodtn/> This message has been prepared using resources owned by the City of Brentwood, Tennessee and is subject to the City's policies on use of City provided technology. E-mail created or received through the City's computer system by any City employee or official may be considered a public record, subject to public inspection, under the public records laws of Tennessee. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Kevin D. Pagan Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 3:58 PM To: Nicholas Spiropoulos <Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders Warning: External Email - Do not click any links or open any attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe. Speaking of, what are you all hearing about cities exercising the "exclusion" of first responders from the new paid time off law? Do we have any sense of how many cities are doing that, and are they getting bad PR as a result? I realize it would be anecdotal but I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Kevin D. Pagan City Attorney City of McAllen, Texas From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Nicholas Spiropoulos Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 12:37 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders To all, the answer to Q&A 57 gives guidance on who is an emergency responder. https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions It seems like an exclusion would be subject to negotiation with the union representing the emergency responders. It hasn't been ordered as a carve out by the law, but is optional. Has anyone excluded? Did this come up with your union? Nicholas Spiropoulos | Matanuska-Susitna Borough Attorney | (907) 861-8677 [https://www.mcallen.net/images/default-source/default-album/2020-census-logo.png]<https://www.mcallen.net/census2020/> Disclaimer: If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please notify me via return e-mail and telephone at 956-681-3111, and permanently delete and purge the original and any copy thereof. This e-mail, with attachments hereto, if any, is intended only for receipt and use by the addressee(s) named herein, and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. Regardless of address or routing, if you are not the intended recipient, then you are hereby notified that any use, copying, reproduction, dissemination, distribution, or transmission of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. Whereas all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy and confidentiality of the information and data submitted herein, the City of McAllen and its employees are not liable if information or data is corrupted or does not reach its intended destination.
AFields@nlr.ar.gov
Thu, Apr 2, 2020 1:25 PM

Kristen,

Our city is doing something similar but we don't have a written policy yet awaiting input from our police and fire chiefs.  Does your city have a written policy you'd be willing to share?  Thank you.

Amy Beckman Fields
City Attorney
North Little Rock City Attorney's Office
116 Main Street
North Little Rock, AR 72114
(501) 975-3755

https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questionshttps://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions

[...]

Disclaimer

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware.

Kristen, Our city is doing something similar but we don't have a written policy yet awaiting input from our police and fire chiefs. Does your city have a written policy you'd be willing to share? Thank you. Amy Beckman Fields City Attorney North Little Rock City Attorney's Office 116 Main Street North Little Rock, AR 72114 (501) 975-3755 From: Disasterrelief [mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org] On Behalf Of Corn, Kristen Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 5:59 PM To: Kevin D. Pagan <kpagan@mcallen.net>; Nicholas Spiropoulos <Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders My city did exclude first responders for FFCRA purposes; however, we adopted a nearly identical policy for them. The difference is that any paid leave for a childcare/school closure is not automatic, but instead, is granted dependent on staffing levels and with chief approval. Our police and fire departments are small as is and are currently short-staffed, so we didn't want to risk a lot of employees all being out at the same time when healthy. We are not a union state, but do have (thankfully!) high morale in both departments, and we wanted to make sure they felt like they were being cared for while limiting the staffing concerns as best we could. (Obviously the risk is still there in case of actual illness.) [cid:image002.jpg@01D608C8.17241390] Kristen Corn City Attorney | City of Brentwood Main: 615-371-0060 5211 Maryland Way | Brentwood, TN 37027 www.brentwoodtn.gov<http://www.brentwoodtn.gov> [cid:image004.jpg@01D608C8.17241390]<https://www.facebook.com/CityBrentwoodTN/> [cid:image006.jpg@01D608C8.17241390] <https://twitter.com/CityofBrentwood> [cid:image008.jpg@01D608C8.17241390] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpy4tA7ME8ra38IDTTAXHVw> [cid:image010.jpg@01D608C8.17241390] <https://www.instagram.com/cityofbrentwoodtn/> This message has been prepared using resources owned by the City of Brentwood, Tennessee and is subject to the City's policies on use of City provided technology. E-mail created or received through the City's computer system by any City employee or official may be considered a public record, subject to public inspection, under the public records laws of Tennessee. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Kevin D. Pagan Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 3:58 PM To: Nicholas Spiropoulos <Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us<mailto:Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders Warning: External Email - Do not click any links or open any attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe. Speaking of, what are you all hearing about cities exercising the "exclusion" of first responders from the new paid time off law? Do we have any sense of how many cities are doing that, and are they getting bad PR as a result? I realize it would be anecdotal but I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Kevin D. Pagan City Attorney City of McAllen, Texas From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Nicholas Spiropoulos Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 12:37 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders To all, the answer to Q&A 57 gives guidance on who is an emergency responder. https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions<https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions> It seems like an exclusion would be subject to negotiation with the union representing the emergency responders. It hasn't been ordered as a carve out by the law, but is optional. Has anyone excluded? Did this come up with your union? Nicholas Spiropoulos | Matanuska-Susitna Borough Attorney | (907) 861-8677 [https://www.mcallen.net/images/default-source/default-album/2020-census-logo.png]<https://www.mcallen.net/census2020/> Disclaimer: If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please notify me via return e-mail and telephone at 956-681-3111, and permanently delete and purge the original and any copy thereof. This e-mail, with attachments hereto, if any, is intended only for receipt and use by the addressee(s) named herein, and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. Regardless of address or routing, if you are not the intended recipient, then you are hereby notified that any use, copying, reproduction, dissemination, distribution, or transmission of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. Whereas all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy and confidentiality of the information and data submitted herein, the City of McAllen and its employees are not liable if information or data is corrupted or does not reach its intended destination. Disclaimer The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. This email has been scanned for viruses and malware.
KD
Kevin D. Pagan
Thu, Apr 2, 2020 1:27 PM

Yes, I’d like to see the policy if you have it, as well.  This seems like a good “middle” approach.

Kevin D. Pagan
City Attorney
City of McAllen, Texas

[...]

Yes, I’d like to see the policy if you have it, as well. This seems like a good “middle” approach. Kevin D. Pagan City Attorney City of McAllen, Texas NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may contain confidential information (including information protected by the attorney / client privilege) and is intended only for the person(s) named. Any use, copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender via e-mail. From: AFields@nlr.ar.gov <AFields@nlr.ar.gov> Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:25 AM To: kristen.corn@brentwoodtn.gov; Kevin D. Pagan <kpagan@mcallen.net>; Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: RE: Excluding emergency responders Kristen, Our city is doing something similar but we don’t have a written policy yet awaiting input from our police and fire chiefs. Does your city have a written policy you’d be willing to share? Thank you. Amy Beckman Fields City Attorney North Little Rock City Attorney’s Office 116 Main Street North Little Rock, AR 72114 (501) 975-3755 From: Disasterrelief [mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org] On Behalf Of Corn, Kristen Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 5:59 PM To: Kevin D. Pagan <kpagan@mcallen.net<mailto:kpagan@mcallen.net>>; Nicholas Spiropoulos <Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us<mailto:Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders My city did exclude first responders for FFCRA purposes; however, we adopted a nearly identical policy for them. The difference is that any paid leave for a childcare/school closure is not automatic, but instead, is granted dependent on staffing levels and with chief approval. Our police and fire departments are small as is and are currently short-staffed, so we didn’t want to risk a lot of employees all being out at the same time when healthy. We are not a union state, but do have (thankfully!) high morale in both departments, and we wanted to make sure they felt like they were being cared for while limiting the staffing concerns as best we could. (Obviously the risk is still there in case of actual illness.) [cid:image001.jpg@01D608C8.82DDE570] Kristen Corn City Attorney | City of Brentwood Main: 615-371-0060 5211 Maryland Way | Brentwood, TN 37027 www.brentwoodtn.gov<http://www.brentwoodtn.gov> [cid:image002.jpg@01D608C8.82DDE570]<https://www.facebook.com/CityBrentwoodTN/> [cid:image003.jpg@01D608C8.82DDE570] <https://twitter.com/CityofBrentwood> [cid:image004.jpg@01D608C8.82DDE570] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpy4tA7ME8ra38IDTTAXHVw> [cid:image005.jpg@01D608C8.82DDE570] <https://www.instagram.com/cityofbrentwoodtn/> This message has been prepared using resources owned by the City of Brentwood, Tennessee and is subject to the City’s policies on use of City provided technology. E-mail created or received through the City’s computer system by any City employee or official may be considered a public record, subject to public inspection, under the public records laws of Tennessee. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Kevin D. Pagan Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 3:58 PM To: Nicholas Spiropoulos <Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us<mailto:Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders Warning: External Email - Do not click any links or open any attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe. Speaking of, what are you all hearing about cities exercising the “exclusion” of first responders from the new paid time off law? Do we have any sense of how many cities are doing that, and are they getting bad PR as a result? I realize it would be anecdotal but I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Kevin D. Pagan City Attorney City of McAllen, Texas From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Nicholas Spiropoulos Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 12:37 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders To all, the answer to Q&A 57 gives guidance on who is an emergency responder. https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions It seems like an exclusion would be subject to negotiation with the union representing the emergency responders. It hasn’t been ordered as a carve out by the law, but is optional. Has anyone excluded? Did this come up with your union? Nicholas Spiropoulos | Matanuska-Susitna Borough Attorney | (907) 861-8677 [https://www.mcallen.net/images/default-source/default-album/2020-census-logo.png]<https://www.mcallen.net/census2020/> Disclaimer: If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please notify me via return e-mail and telephone at 956-681-3111, and permanently delete and purge the original and any copy thereof. This e-mail, with attachments hereto, if any, is intended only for receipt and use by the addressee(s) named herein, and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. Regardless of address or routing, if you are not the intended recipient, then you are hereby notified that any use, copying, reproduction, dissemination, distribution, or transmission of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. Whereas all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy and confidentiality of the information and data submitted herein, the City of McAllen and its employees are not liable if information or data is corrupted or does not reach its intended destination. Disclaimer The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. This email has been scanned for viruses and malware. [https://www.mcallen.net/images/default-source/default-album/2020-census-logo.png] <https://www.mcallen.net/census2020/> Disclaimer: If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please notify me via return e-mail and telephone at 956-681-3111, and permanently delete and purge the original and any copy thereof. This e-mail, with attachments hereto, if any, is intended only for receipt and use by the addressee(s) named herein, and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. Regardless of address or routing, if you are not the intended recipient, then you are hereby notified that any use, copying, reproduction, dissemination, distribution, or transmission of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. Whereas all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy and confidentiality of the information and data submitted herein, the City of McAllen and its employees are not liable if information or data is corrupted or does not reach its intended destination.
MK
Mike Kendrick
Thu, Apr 2, 2020 1:31 PM

I would also like a copy of any policy you can share.  Thanks.

[...]

I would also like a copy of any policy you can share. Thanks. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of AFields@nlr.ar.gov Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:25 AM To: kristen.corn@brentwoodtn.gov; kpagan@mcallen.net; Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders Kristen, Our city is doing something similar but we don’t have a written policy yet awaiting input from our police and fire chiefs. Does your city have a written policy you’d be willing to share? Thank you. Amy Beckman Fields City Attorney North Little Rock City Attorney’s Office 116 Main Street North Little Rock, AR 72114 (501) 975-3755 From: Disasterrelief [mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org] On Behalf Of Corn, Kristen Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 5:59 PM To: Kevin D. Pagan <kpagan@mcallen.net<mailto:kpagan@mcallen.net>>; Nicholas Spiropoulos <Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us<mailto:Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders My city did exclude first responders for FFCRA purposes; however, we adopted a nearly identical policy for them. The difference is that any paid leave for a childcare/school closure is not automatic, but instead, is granted dependent on staffing levels and with chief approval. Our police and fire departments are small as is and are currently short-staffed, so we didn’t want to risk a lot of employees all being out at the same time when healthy. We are not a union state, but do have (thankfully!) high morale in both departments, and we wanted to make sure they felt like they were being cared for while limiting the staffing concerns as best we could. (Obviously the risk is still there in case of actual illness.) [cid:image001.jpg@01D608C9.0A284BB0] Kristen Corn City Attorney | City of Brentwood Main: 615-371-0060 5211 Maryland Way | Brentwood, TN 37027 www.brentwoodtn.gov<http://www.brentwoodtn.gov> [cid:image002.jpg@01D608C9.0A284BB0]<https://www.facebook.com/CityBrentwoodTN/> [cid:image003.jpg@01D608C9.0A284BB0] <https://twitter.com/CityofBrentwood> [cid:image004.jpg@01D608C9.0A284BB0] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpy4tA7ME8ra38IDTTAXHVw> [cid:image005.jpg@01D608C9.0A284BB0] <https://www.instagram.com/cityofbrentwoodtn/> This message has been prepared using resources owned by the City of Brentwood, Tennessee and is subject to the City’s policies on use of City provided technology. E-mail created or received through the City’s computer system by any City employee or official may be considered a public record, subject to public inspection, under the public records laws of Tennessee. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Kevin D. Pagan Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 3:58 PM To: Nicholas Spiropoulos <Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us<mailto:Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders Warning: External Email - Do not click any links or open any attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe. Speaking of, what are you all hearing about cities exercising the “exclusion” of first responders from the new paid time off law? Do we have any sense of how many cities are doing that, and are they getting bad PR as a result? I realize it would be anecdotal but I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Kevin D. Pagan City Attorney City of McAllen, Texas From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Nicholas Spiropoulos Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 12:37 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders To all, the answer to Q&A 57 gives guidance on who is an emergency responder. https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions It seems like an exclusion would be subject to negotiation with the union representing the emergency responders. It hasn’t been ordered as a carve out by the law, but is optional. Has anyone excluded? Did this come up with your union? Nicholas Spiropoulos | Matanuska-Susitna Borough Attorney | (907) 861-8677 [https://www.mcallen.net/images/default-source/default-album/2020-census-logo.png]<https://www.mcallen.net/census2020/> Disclaimer: If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please notify me via return e-mail and telephone at 956-681-3111, and permanently delete and purge the original and any copy thereof. This e-mail, with attachments hereto, if any, is intended only for receipt and use by the addressee(s) named herein, and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. Regardless of address or routing, if you are not the intended recipient, then you are hereby notified that any use, copying, reproduction, dissemination, distribution, or transmission of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. Whereas all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy and confidentiality of the information and data submitted herein, the City of McAllen and its employees are not liable if information or data is corrupted or does not reach its intended destination. Disclaimer The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. This email has been scanned for viruses and malware.
AD
Alison Dawley
Thu, Apr 2, 2020 1:40 PM

Our city is doing something similar.  Attached are our temporary personnel policies (which will be adopted by city council as FFCRA runs through 12/31).
Regards,
Alison

Alison L. Dawley, B.C.S.
City Attorney
City of Melbourne
900 East Strawbridge Avenue
Melbourne, Florida 32901
Phone 321-608-7241

Specialist in City, County and Local Government Law

[...]

Our city is doing something similar. Attached are our temporary personnel policies (which will be adopted by city council as FFCRA runs through 12/31). Regards, Alison Alison L. Dawley, B.C.S. City Attorney City of Melbourne 900 East Strawbridge Avenue Melbourne, Florida 32901 Phone 321-608-7241 Specialist in City, County and Local Government Law From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of AFields@nlr.ar.gov Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 9:25 AM To: kristen.corn@brentwoodtn.gov; kpagan@mcallen.net; Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. Kristen, Our city is doing something similar but we don’t have a written policy yet awaiting input from our police and fire chiefs. Does your city have a written policy you’d be willing to share? Thank you. Amy Beckman Fields City Attorney North Little Rock City Attorney’s Office 116 Main Street North Little Rock, AR 72114 (501) 975-3755 From: Disasterrelief [mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org] On Behalf Of Corn, Kristen Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 5:59 PM To: Kevin D. Pagan <kpagan@mcallen.net<mailto:kpagan@mcallen.net>>; Nicholas Spiropoulos <Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us<mailto:Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders My city did exclude first responders for FFCRA purposes; however, we adopted a nearly identical policy for them. The difference is that any paid leave for a childcare/school closure is not automatic, but instead, is granted dependent on staffing levels and with chief approval. Our police and fire departments are small as is and are currently short-staffed, so we didn’t want to risk a lot of employees all being out at the same time when healthy. We are not a union state, but do have (thankfully!) high morale in both departments, and we wanted to make sure they felt like they were being cared for while limiting the staffing concerns as best we could. (Obviously the risk is still there in case of actual illness.) [cid:image001.jpg@01D608D2.B5858870] Kristen Corn City Attorney | City of Brentwood Main: 615-371-0060 5211 Maryland Way | Brentwood, TN 37027 www.brentwoodtn.gov<http://www.brentwoodtn.gov> [cid:image002.jpg@01D608D2.B5858870]<https://www.facebook.com/CityBrentwoodTN/> [cid:image003.jpg@01D608D2.B5858870] <https://twitter.com/CityofBrentwood> [cid:image004.jpg@01D608D2.B5858870] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpy4tA7ME8ra38IDTTAXHVw> [cid:image005.jpg@01D608D2.B5858870] <https://www.instagram.com/cityofbrentwoodtn/> This message has been prepared using resources owned by the City of Brentwood, Tennessee and is subject to the City’s policies on use of City provided technology. E-mail created or received through the City’s computer system by any City employee or official may be considered a public record, subject to public inspection, under the public records laws of Tennessee. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Kevin D. Pagan Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 3:58 PM To: Nicholas Spiropoulos <Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us<mailto:Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders Warning: External Email - Do not click any links or open any attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe. Speaking of, what are you all hearing about cities exercising the “exclusion” of first responders from the new paid time off law? Do we have any sense of how many cities are doing that, and are they getting bad PR as a result? I realize it would be anecdotal but I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Kevin D. Pagan City Attorney City of McAllen, Texas From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Nicholas Spiropoulos Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 12:37 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders To all, the answer to Q&A 57 gives guidance on who is an emergency responder. https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions It seems like an exclusion would be subject to negotiation with the union representing the emergency responders. It hasn’t been ordered as a carve out by the law, but is optional. Has anyone excluded? Did this come up with your union? Nicholas Spiropoulos | Matanuska-Susitna Borough Attorney | (907) 861-8677 [https://www.mcallen.net/images/default-source/default-album/2020-census-logo.png]<https://www.mcallen.net/census2020/> Disclaimer: If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please notify me via return e-mail and telephone at 956-681-3111, and permanently delete and purge the original and any copy thereof. This e-mail, with attachments hereto, if any, is intended only for receipt and use by the addressee(s) named herein, and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. Regardless of address or routing, if you are not the intended recipient, then you are hereby notified that any use, copying, reproduction, dissemination, distribution, or transmission of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. Whereas all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy and confidentiality of the information and data submitted herein, the City of McAllen and its employees are not liable if information or data is corrupted or does not reach its intended destination. Disclaimer The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. This email has been scanned for viruses and malware.
BH
Brian Head
Thu, Apr 2, 2020 1:47 PM

City of Lee’s Summit, Missouri added the following to our temporary policies on 3-31-20.  I think this is in line with what it being discussed.

Section 16: Temporary Leave for Employees Classified as Emergency Responders. is added to read as follows:
Section 16: Temporary Leave for Employees Classified as Emergency Responders.  If an Employee  classified as an Emergency Responder, as set forth in Section 15 of these Emergency Temporary Personnel Policies, (NOTE – Section 15 is a listing of all the positions classified as emergency responders)  the Employee may receive paid leave if the Employee is unable to work (or telework) because the Employee:
1- is subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19; or
2- has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19; or
3- is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis.

As staffing levels allow, Employees classified as an Emergency Responders may receive paid leave through Department Director approval if the Employee  is unable to work (or telework) because the Employee:
1- is caring for an individual subject to an order as described in (1) above or self-quarantine as described in (2) above; or
2- is caring for a child whose school or place of care is closed (or child care provider is unavailable) for reasons related to COVID-19.
All leave pursuant to this Section shall be classified as “Special Sick Leave”.  In order to receive Special Sick Leave, the Employee must provide reasonable notice to and receive approval from his/her Department Director.  Regular Employees requesting Special Sick Leave will receive up to 80 hours of leave at their regular rate of pay.  Part-time Employees requesting Special Sick Leave will receive paid leave at their regular rate of pay for up to the number of hours the employee averages during a 2-week period over the past six months.  Shift Employees will receive up to 240 hours of leave at their regular rate of pay.
Expiration. The Special Sick Leave granted under this policy expires on December 31, 2020.  Any unused Special Sick Leave is forfeited and will not be converted to an Employee’s sick leave accruals. Employees are not entitled to reimbursement for unused Special Sick Leave upon termination, resignation, retirement, or other separation from employment.

[Yours Truly,]

Brian Head  | City Attorney

Office of the City Attorney | Fax 816.969.1401
220 SE Green Street | Lee's Summit, MO 64063
816.969.1415 |cityofLS.nethttp://cityofls.net | Brian.Head@cityofls.netmailto:Brian.Head@cityofls.net

[https://cityofls.net/Portals/0/Images/email-logos/SignatureLogo.png]

***  This email is from an external source, use caution before clicking on links or opening attachments.  ***
[...]

The Missouri Bar Disciplinary Counsel requires all Missouri lawyers to notify all recipients of e-mail that (1) e-mail communication is not a secure method of communication, (2) any e-mail sent to you or by you may be copied and held by various computers it passes through as it goes from me to you or vice versa, (3) persons not participating in our communication may intercept our communications by improperly accessing your computer or my computer or even some computer unconnected to either of us which the e-mail passed through. I am communicating to you via e-mail because you have consented to receive communications via this medium. If you change your mind and want future communications to be sent in a different manner, please let me know at once. The information contained in this electronic message may be attorney-client privilege, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended only for use of the persons to whom this electronic message is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this electronic communication or any attachment thereto is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic communication in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete the message from your system. Your cooperation is appreciated.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: “This electronic message transmission (including any accompanying attachments) from www.cityofls.net is intended solely for the person or entity for its intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information contained is intended solely for the use of the individual(s), organization(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you have received this transmission but are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact sender immediately by Reply e-mail and delete/destroy the original message and all copies.”

Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might negatively affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by the sender for any loss or damage arising in any way in the event that such a virus or defect exists.

City of Lee’s Summit, Missouri added the following to our temporary policies on 3-31-20. I think this is in line with what it being discussed. Section 16: Temporary Leave for Employees Classified as Emergency Responders. is added to read as follows: Section 16: Temporary Leave for Employees Classified as Emergency Responders. If an Employee classified as an Emergency Responder, as set forth in Section 15 of these Emergency Temporary Personnel Policies, (NOTE – Section 15 is a listing of all the positions classified as emergency responders) the Employee may receive paid leave if the Employee is unable to work (or telework) because the Employee: 1- is subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19; or 2- has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19; or 3- is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis. As staffing levels allow, Employees classified as an Emergency Responders may receive paid leave through Department Director approval if the Employee is unable to work (or telework) because the Employee: 1- is caring for an individual subject to an order as described in (1) above or self-quarantine as described in (2) above; or 2- is caring for a child whose school or place of care is closed (or child care provider is unavailable) for reasons related to COVID-19. All leave pursuant to this Section shall be classified as “Special Sick Leave”. In order to receive Special Sick Leave, the Employee must provide reasonable notice to and receive approval from his/her Department Director. Regular Employees requesting Special Sick Leave will receive up to 80 hours of leave at their regular rate of pay. Part-time Employees requesting Special Sick Leave will receive paid leave at their regular rate of pay for up to the number of hours the employee averages during a 2-week period over the past six months. Shift Employees will receive up to 240 hours of leave at their regular rate of pay. Expiration. The Special Sick Leave granted under this policy expires on December 31, 2020. Any unused Special Sick Leave is forfeited and will not be converted to an Employee’s sick leave accruals. Employees are not entitled to reimbursement for unused Special Sick Leave upon termination, resignation, retirement, or other separation from employment. [Yours Truly,] Brian Head | City Attorney Office of the City Attorney | Fax 816.969.1401 220 SE Green Street | Lee's Summit, MO 64063 816.969.1415 |cityofLS.net<http://cityofls.net> | Brian.Head@cityofls.net<mailto:Brian.Head@cityofls.net> [https://cityofls.net/Portals/0/Images/email-logos/SignatureLogo.png] From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Mike Kendrick Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:31 AM To: AFields@nlr.ar.gov; kristen.corn@brentwoodtn.gov; kpagan@mcallen.net; Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders *** This email is from an external source, use caution before clicking on links or opening attachments. *** I would also like a copy of any policy you can share. Thanks. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of AFields@nlr.ar.gov<mailto:AFields@nlr.ar.gov> Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:25 AM To: kristen.corn@brentwoodtn.gov<mailto:kristen.corn@brentwoodtn.gov>; kpagan@mcallen.net<mailto:kpagan@mcallen.net>; Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us<mailto:Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders Kristen, Our city is doing something similar but we don’t have a written policy yet awaiting input from our police and fire chiefs. Does your city have a written policy you’d be willing to share? Thank you. Amy Beckman Fields City Attorney North Little Rock City Attorney’s Office 116 Main Street North Little Rock, AR 72114 (501) 975-3755 From: Disasterrelief [mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org] On Behalf Of Corn, Kristen Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 5:59 PM To: Kevin D. Pagan <kpagan@mcallen.net<mailto:kpagan@mcallen.net>>; Nicholas Spiropoulos <Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us<mailto:Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders My city did exclude first responders for FFCRA purposes; however, we adopted a nearly identical policy for them. The difference is that any paid leave for a childcare/school closure is not automatic, but instead, is granted dependent on staffing levels and with chief approval. Our police and fire departments are small as is and are currently short-staffed, so we didn’t want to risk a lot of employees all being out at the same time when healthy. We are not a union state, but do have (thankfully!) high morale in both departments, and we wanted to make sure they felt like they were being cared for while limiting the staffing concerns as best we could. (Obviously the risk is still there in case of actual illness.) [cid:image001.jpg@01D608CB.55DE1790] Kristen Corn City Attorney | City of Brentwood Main: 615-371-0060 5211 Maryland Way | Brentwood, TN 37027 www.brentwoodtn.gov<http://www.brentwoodtn.gov> [cid:image002.jpg@01D608CB.55DE1790]<https://www.facebook.com/CityBrentwoodTN/> [cid:image003.jpg@01D608CB.55DE1790] <https://twitter.com/CityofBrentwood> [cid:image004.jpg@01D608CB.55DE1790] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpy4tA7ME8ra38IDTTAXHVw> [cid:image005.jpg@01D608CB.55DE1790] <https://www.instagram.com/cityofbrentwoodtn/> This message has been prepared using resources owned by the City of Brentwood, Tennessee and is subject to the City’s policies on use of City provided technology. E-mail created or received through the City’s computer system by any City employee or official may be considered a public record, subject to public inspection, under the public records laws of Tennessee. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Kevin D. Pagan Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 3:58 PM To: Nicholas Spiropoulos <Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us<mailto:Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders Warning: External Email - Do not click any links or open any attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe. Speaking of, what are you all hearing about cities exercising the “exclusion” of first responders from the new paid time off law? Do we have any sense of how many cities are doing that, and are they getting bad PR as a result? I realize it would be anecdotal but I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Kevin D. Pagan City Attorney City of McAllen, Texas From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Nicholas Spiropoulos Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 12:37 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders To all, the answer to Q&A 57 gives guidance on who is an emergency responder. https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions It seems like an exclusion would be subject to negotiation with the union representing the emergency responders. It hasn’t been ordered as a carve out by the law, but is optional. Has anyone excluded? Did this come up with your union? Nicholas Spiropoulos | Matanuska-Susitna Borough Attorney | (907) 861-8677 [https://www.mcallen.net/images/default-source/default-album/2020-census-logo.png]<https://www.mcallen.net/census2020/> Disclaimer: If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please notify me via return e-mail and telephone at 956-681-3111, and permanently delete and purge the original and any copy thereof. This e-mail, with attachments hereto, if any, is intended only for receipt and use by the addressee(s) named herein, and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. Regardless of address or routing, if you are not the intended recipient, then you are hereby notified that any use, copying, reproduction, dissemination, distribution, or transmission of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. Whereas all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy and confidentiality of the information and data submitted herein, the City of McAllen and its employees are not liable if information or data is corrupted or does not reach its intended destination. Disclaimer The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. This email has been scanned for viruses and malware. ________________________________ The Missouri Bar Disciplinary Counsel requires all Missouri lawyers to notify all recipients of e-mail that (1) e-mail communication is not a secure method of communication, (2) any e-mail sent to you or by you may be copied and held by various computers it passes through as it goes from me to you or vice versa, (3) persons not participating in our communication may intercept our communications by improperly accessing your computer or my computer or even some computer unconnected to either of us which the e-mail passed through. I am communicating to you via e-mail because you have consented to receive communications via this medium. If you change your mind and want future communications to be sent in a different manner, please let me know at once. The information contained in this electronic message may be attorney-client privilege, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended only for use of the persons to whom this electronic message is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this electronic communication or any attachment thereto is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic communication in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete the message from your system. Your cooperation is appreciated. ________________________________ CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: “This electronic message transmission (including any accompanying attachments) from www.cityofls.net is intended solely for the person or entity for its intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information contained is intended solely for the use of the individual(s), organization(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you have received this transmission but are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact sender immediately by Reply e-mail and delete/destroy the original message and all copies.” Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might negatively affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by the sender for any loss or damage arising in any way in the event that such a virus or defect exists.
CK
Corn, Kristen
Thu, Apr 2, 2020 1:52 PM

Here is ours in chart form in case that is helpful to anyone. This was adapted from the chart sent by someone last week, so THANK YOU to that member! 😊

(I think this list allows attachments, but if I don’t see it come through, I’ll send it individually to those I’ve seen respond thus far.)

[https://cityofls.net/Portals/0/Images/email-logos/YoursTruly.JPG]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: “This electronic message transmission (including any accompanying attachments) from www.cityofls.nethttp://www.cityofls.net is intended solely for the person or entity for its intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information contained is intended solely for the use of the individual(s), organization(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you have received this transmission but are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact sender immediately by Reply e-mail and delete/destroy the original message and all copies.”

Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might negatively affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by the sender for any loss or damage arising in any way in the event that such a virus or defect exists.

Here is ours in chart form in case that is helpful to anyone. This was adapted from the chart sent by someone last week, so THANK YOU to that member! &#128522; (I think this list allows attachments, but if I don’t see it come through, I’ll send it individually to those I’ve seen respond thus far.) [cid:BrentwoodCrestLogo-JPG_e57f32ce-1814-4aa0-9f59-c9e758e5cf8a.jpg] Kristen Corn City Attorney | City of Brentwood Main: 615-371-0060 5211 Maryland Way | Brentwood, TN 37027 www.brentwoodtn.gov<http://www.brentwoodtn.gov> [cid:FB_9e8b1b51-944c-41ca-8450-d0912034495a.gif]<https://www.facebook.com/CityBrentwoodTN/> [cid:Twitter_51adeba1-824e-4d22-9820-54c858773955.gif] <https://twitter.com/CityofBrentwood> [cid:YouTube_63de3e5a-d1c8-4cce-a44c-101563b6005e.gif] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpy4tA7ME8ra38IDTTAXHVw> [cid:Instagram_0534b669-02cf-4fa6-8d52-62b6ec54411c.gif] <https://www.instagram.com/cityofbrentwoodtn/> This message has been prepared using resources owned by the City of Brentwood, Tennessee and is subject to the City’s policies on use of City provided technology. E-mail created or received through the City’s computer system by any City employee or official may be considered a public record, subject to public inspection, under the public records laws of Tennessee. From: Brian Head <Brian.Head@cityofls.net> Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:47 AM To: Mike Kendrick <kendrick@wskllc.com>; AFields@nlr.ar.gov; Corn, Kristen <kristen.corn@brentwoodtn.gov>; kpagan@mcallen.net; Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: RE: Excluding emergency responders Warning: External Email - Do not click any links or open any attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe. City of Lee’s Summit, Missouri added the following to our temporary policies on 3-31-20. I think this is in line with what it being discussed. Section 16: Temporary Leave for Employees Classified as Emergency Responders. is added to read as follows: Section 16: Temporary Leave for Employees Classified as Emergency Responders. If an Employee classified as an Emergency Responder, as set forth in Section 15 of these Emergency Temporary Personnel Policies, (NOTE – Section 15 is a listing of all the positions classified as emergency responders) the Employee may receive paid leave if the Employee is unable to work (or telework) because the Employee: 1- is subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19; or 2- has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19; or 3- is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis. As staffing levels allow, Employees classified as an Emergency Responders may receive paid leave through Department Director approval if the Employee is unable to work (or telework) because the Employee: 1- is caring for an individual subject to an order as described in (1) above or self-quarantine as described in (2) above; or 2- is caring for a child whose school or place of care is closed (or child care provider is unavailable) for reasons related to COVID-19. All leave pursuant to this Section shall be classified as “Special Sick Leave”. In order to receive Special Sick Leave, the Employee must provide reasonable notice to and receive approval from his/her Department Director. Regular Employees requesting Special Sick Leave will receive up to 80 hours of leave at their regular rate of pay. Part-time Employees requesting Special Sick Leave will receive paid leave at their regular rate of pay for up to the number of hours the employee averages during a 2-week period over the past six months. Shift Employees will receive up to 240 hours of leave at their regular rate of pay. Expiration. The Special Sick Leave granted under this policy expires on December 31, 2020. Any unused Special Sick Leave is forfeited and will not be converted to an Employee’s sick leave accruals. Employees are not entitled to reimbursement for unused Special Sick Leave upon termination, resignation, retirement, or other separation from employment. [https://cityofls.net/Portals/0/Images/email-logos/YoursTruly.JPG] Brian Head | City Attorney Office of the City Attorney | Fax 816.969.1401 220 SE Green Street | Lee's Summit, MO 64063 816.969.1415 |cityofLS.net<http://cityofls.net> | Brian.Head@cityofls.net<mailto:Brian.Head@cityofls.net> [https://cityofls.net/Portals/0/Images/email-logos/SignatureLogo.png] From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Mike Kendrick Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:31 AM To: AFields@nlr.ar.gov<mailto:AFields@nlr.ar.gov>; kristen.corn@brentwoodtn.gov<mailto:kristen.corn@brentwoodtn.gov>; kpagan@mcallen.net<mailto:kpagan@mcallen.net>; Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us<mailto:Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders *** This email is from an external source, use caution before clicking on links or opening attachments. *** I would also like a copy of any policy you can share. Thanks. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of AFields@nlr.ar.gov<mailto:AFields@nlr.ar.gov> Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:25 AM To: kristen.corn@brentwoodtn.gov<mailto:kristen.corn@brentwoodtn.gov>; kpagan@mcallen.net<mailto:kpagan@mcallen.net>; Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us<mailto:Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders Kristen, Our city is doing something similar but we don’t have a written policy yet awaiting input from our police and fire chiefs. Does your city have a written policy you’d be willing to share? Thank you. Amy Beckman Fields City Attorney North Little Rock City Attorney’s Office 116 Main Street North Little Rock, AR 72114 (501) 975-3755 From: Disasterrelief [mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org] On Behalf Of Corn, Kristen Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 5:59 PM To: Kevin D. Pagan <kpagan@mcallen.net<mailto:kpagan@mcallen.net>>; Nicholas Spiropoulos <Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us<mailto:Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders My city did exclude first responders for FFCRA purposes; however, we adopted a nearly identical policy for them. The difference is that any paid leave for a childcare/school closure is not automatic, but instead, is granted dependent on staffing levels and with chief approval. Our police and fire departments are small as is and are currently short-staffed, so we didn’t want to risk a lot of employees all being out at the same time when healthy. We are not a union state, but do have (thankfully!) high morale in both departments, and we wanted to make sure they felt like they were being cared for while limiting the staffing concerns as best we could. (Obviously the risk is still there in case of actual illness.) [cid:image001.jpg@01D608CB.FC04E1D0] Kristen Corn City Attorney | City of Brentwood Main: 615-371-0060 5211 Maryland Way | Brentwood, TN 37027 www.brentwoodtn.gov<http://www.brentwoodtn.gov> [cid:image002.jpg@01D608CB.FC04E1D0]<https://www.facebook.com/CityBrentwoodTN/> [cid:image003.jpg@01D608CB.FC04E1D0] <https://twitter.com/CityofBrentwood> [cid:image004.jpg@01D608CB.FC04E1D0] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpy4tA7ME8ra38IDTTAXHVw> [cid:image005.jpg@01D608CB.FC04E1D0] <https://www.instagram.com/cityofbrentwoodtn/> This message has been prepared using resources owned by the City of Brentwood, Tennessee and is subject to the City’s policies on use of City provided technology. E-mail created or received through the City’s computer system by any City employee or official may be considered a public record, subject to public inspection, under the public records laws of Tennessee. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Kevin D. Pagan Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 3:58 PM To: Nicholas Spiropoulos <Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us<mailto:Nicholas.Spiropoulos@matsugov.us>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders Warning: External Email - Do not click any links or open any attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe. Speaking of, what are you all hearing about cities exercising the “exclusion” of first responders from the new paid time off law? Do we have any sense of how many cities are doing that, and are they getting bad PR as a result? I realize it would be anecdotal but I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Kevin D. Pagan City Attorney City of McAllen, Texas From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Nicholas Spiropoulos Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 12:37 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [Disasterrelief] Excluding emergency responders To all, the answer to Q&A 57 gives guidance on who is an emergency responder. https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions It seems like an exclusion would be subject to negotiation with the union representing the emergency responders. It hasn’t been ordered as a carve out by the law, but is optional. Has anyone excluded? Did this come up with your union? Nicholas Spiropoulos | Matanuska-Susitna Borough Attorney | (907) 861-8677 [https://www.mcallen.net/images/default-source/default-album/2020-census-logo.png]<https://www.mcallen.net/census2020/> Disclaimer: If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please notify me via return e-mail and telephone at 956-681-3111, and permanently delete and purge the original and any copy thereof. This e-mail, with attachments hereto, if any, is intended only for receipt and use by the addressee(s) named herein, and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. Regardless of address or routing, if you are not the intended recipient, then you are hereby notified that any use, copying, reproduction, dissemination, distribution, or transmission of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. Whereas all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy and confidentiality of the information and data submitted herein, the City of McAllen and its employees are not liable if information or data is corrupted or does not reach its intended destination. Disclaimer The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. This email has been scanned for viruses and malware. ________________________________ The Missouri Bar Disciplinary Counsel requires all Missouri lawyers to notify all recipients of e-mail that (1) e-mail communication is not a secure method of communication, (2) any e-mail sent to you or by you may be copied and held by various computers it passes through as it goes from me to you or vice versa, (3) persons not participating in our communication may intercept our communications by improperly accessing your computer or my computer or even some computer unconnected to either of us which the e-mail passed through. I am communicating to you via e-mail because you have consented to receive communications via this medium. If you change your mind and want future communications to be sent in a different manner, please let me know at once. The information contained in this electronic message may be attorney-client privilege, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended only for use of the persons to whom this electronic message is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this electronic communication or any attachment thereto is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic communication in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete the message from your system. Your cooperation is appreciated. ________________________________ CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: “This electronic message transmission (including any accompanying attachments) from www.cityofls.net<http://www.cityofls.net> is intended solely for the person or entity for its intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information contained is intended solely for the use of the individual(s), organization(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you have received this transmission but are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact sender immediately by Reply e-mail and delete/destroy the original message and all copies.” Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might negatively affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by the sender for any loss or damage arising in any way in the event that such a virus or defect exists.