Requiring public to wear masks

AE
Alison Earles
Thu, May 14, 2020 5:33 PM

.EmailQuote { margin-left: 1pt; padding-left: 4pt; border-left: #800000 2px solid; }Does anyone have samples of policies where a city requires members of the public to wear a mask or cloth face covering when entering a city building or facility? If so, please share. Thanks so much! Alison Earles

Sent from my iPhone

Alison Earles
Senior Associate General Counsel
Office: 678-651-1028 ? Fax: 678-651-1029
www.gacities.com
READER ADVISORY NOTICE: This information is intended only for the individual named above. If you received this in error, please call 404-688-0472 to notify the sender, and then delete the email without printing, copying or retransmitting it. In addition, be advised that Georgia has a very broad open records law and that your email communications with GMA may be subject to public disclosure.

Hey, did you notice my new email address?

GMANET is now GACITIES.COM. While I’m still getting the emails you send me, please update your contacts to note my new email address.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE: Any information contained herein (including any attachments) is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Such information also is not intended and should not be construed as advice with respect to municipal financial products, the issuance of municipal securities, or solicitation to induce any municipal securities transaction. The person sending this communication is not a “municipal advisor” as defined in Section 15B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. You should consult with your own legal, accounting, tax, financial and other advisors, as applicable.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this communication is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.

SR
Sandra R. Robinson
Thu, May 14, 2020 5:35 PM

I am not sure if this is necessary, but may I please be copied on the responses?  Thank you!

Sandra R. Robinson
City Attorney
City of Hopewell
300 N. Main Street
Hopewell, Virginia 23860
(804) 541-2247
srrobinson@hopewellva.govmailto:srrobinson@hopewellva.gov

This email and its attachment(s) are considered confidential and proprietary information, and may also be protected by the attorney/client privilege. Unauthorized distribution, copying, or use of any of the information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then destroy the message and its attachment.

www.gacities.comhttps://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.gacities.com&c=E,1,iMMft8CB2lwhSDIAtOxuXbmSFAxIKBw48L_q6uADngxHv2LulSZljLM26Uey8OC1dyOOLTVobougQJlLj7m0MT7M36LKCOnezN4JMglaizKTOw,,&typo=1
[...]

This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloudhttps://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fSecurity.cloud&c=E,1,Vt941xci0U_2iCLPjVozLDehTYjQkUoUhE8DXV6PgNcJ-K8MrshPVyC0eDnu8FAKcr2J6doWjIpaeKeGXfjMFQH8kEgGPJrpe2Xu9aR6vLebFW-DdT4OB-s,&typo=1 service.
For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.comhttps://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.symanteccloud.com&c=E,1,fxRD-JdosRXduzIzWdZ_Mdh0tmsTpknr_DfS64k9vHIcwfWtnnGUsSFYW2stxxTrSocs41rgBvD2iyh2ZzjFiPzFi5-VMX_xtgQLEK1oDBIfkxOjlpcz_nAK&typo=1

I am not sure if this is necessary, but may I please be copied on the responses? Thank you! Sandra R. Robinson City Attorney City of Hopewell 300 N. Main Street Hopewell, Virginia 23860 (804) 541-2247 srrobinson@hopewellva.gov<mailto:srrobinson@hopewellva.gov> This email and its attachment(s) are considered confidential and proprietary information, and may also be protected by the attorney/client privilege. Unauthorized distribution, copying, or use of any of the information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then destroy the message and its attachment. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Alison Earles Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 1:33 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: [Disasterrelief] Requiring public to wear masks Does anyone have samples of policies where a city requires members of the public to wear a mask or cloth face covering when entering a city building or facility? If so, please share. Thanks so much! Alison Earles Sent from my iPhone Alison Earles Senior Associate General Counsel Office: 678-651-1028 ? Fax: 678-651-1029 www.gacities.com<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.gacities.com&c=E,1,iMMft8CB2lwhSDIAtOxuXbmSFAxIKBw48L_q6uADngxHv2LulSZljLM26Uey8OC1dyOOLTVobougQJlLj7m0MT7M36LKCOnezN4JMglaizKTOw,,&typo=1> READER ADVISORY NOTICE: This information is intended only for the individual named above. If you received this in error, please call 404-688-0472 to notify the sender, and then delete the email without printing, copying or retransmitting it. In addition, be advised that Georgia has a very broad open records law and that your email communications with GMA may be subject to public disclosure. Hey, did you notice my new email address? GMANET is now GACITIES.COM. While I'm still getting the emails you send me, please update your contacts to note my new email address. NOT LEGAL ADVICE: Any information contained herein (including any attachments) is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Such information also is not intended and should not be construed as advice with respect to municipal financial products, the issuance of municipal securities, or solicitation to induce any municipal securities transaction. The person sending this communication is not a "municipal advisor" as defined in Section 15B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. You should consult with your own legal, accounting, tax, financial and other advisors, as applicable. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this communication is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you. ______________________________________________________________________ This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fSecurity.cloud&c=E,1,Vt941xci0U_2iCLPjVozLDehTYjQkUoUhE8DXV6PgNcJ-K8MrshPVyC0eDnu8FAKcr2J6doWjIpaeKeGXfjMFQH8kEgGPJrpe2Xu9aR6vLebFW-DdT4OB-s,&typo=1> service. For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.symanteccloud.com&c=E,1,fxRD-JdosRXduzIzWdZ_Mdh0tmsTpknr_DfS64k9vHIcwfWtnnGUsSFYW2stxxTrSocs41rgBvD2iyh2ZzjFiPzFi5-VMX_xtgQLEK1oDBIfkxOjlpcz_nAK&typo=1> ______________________________________________________________________
VK
Vera, Katharine - CAO CL3228 Attorney Fellow
Thu, May 14, 2020 5:42 PM

Denver's "Face Covering Order" can be found online here:

https://www.denvergov.org/content/dam/denvergov/Portals/771/documents/covid-19/public-orders/DDPHE-Face-Covering-Order-5-5-20.pdf

Best,

Katharine Vera | Attorney Fellow
Municipal Operations, Office of the City Attorney | City and County of Denver
p: (720) 913-8034 katharine.vera@denvergov.orgmailto:katharine.vera@denvergov.org
PRIVILEGED/CONFIDENTIAL ATTORNEY-CLIENT COMMUNICATION; ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT. This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not disclose, copy, print, or distribute or make any use of the information contained in or attached to this transmission. If you have received this transmission is error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and delete the original transmission and its attachments without saving it in any manner. Thank you.

www.gacities.comhttps://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.gacities.com__;!!M87Ej6RJKlw!D9o5Jx6vNXf6Yw_KNNCyotA75sXjqqPJd_9oLSwpu1HjZeqyXlJAz7dyOD78d3oSB68yC_Q$
[...]

Denver's "Face Covering Order" can be found online here: https://www.denvergov.org/content/dam/denvergov/Portals/771/documents/covid-19/public-orders/DDPHE-Face-Covering-Order-5-5-20.pdf Best, Katharine Vera | Attorney Fellow Municipal Operations, Office of the City Attorney | City and County of Denver p: (720) 913-8034 katharine.vera@denvergov.org<mailto:katharine.vera@denvergov.org> [cid:image001.jpg@01D5AE98.98DEFBF0] PRIVILEGED/CONFIDENTIAL ATTORNEY-CLIENT COMMUNICATION; ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT. This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not disclose, copy, print, or distribute or make any use of the information contained in or attached to this transmission. If you have received this transmission is error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and delete the original transmission and its attachments without saving it in any manner. Thank you. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Alison Earles Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 11:33 AM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Disasterrelief] Requiring public to wear masks Does anyone have samples of policies where a city requires members of the public to wear a mask or cloth face covering when entering a city building or facility? If so, please share. Thanks so much! Alison Earles Sent from my iPhone Alison Earles Senior Associate General Counsel Office: 678-651-1028 ? Fax: 678-651-1029 www.gacities.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.gacities.com__;!!M87Ej6RJKlw!D9o5Jx6vNXf6Yw_KNNCyotA75sXjqqPJd_9oLSwpu1HjZeqyXlJAz7dyOD78d3oSB68yC_Q$> READER ADVISORY NOTICE: This information is intended only for the individual named above. If you received this in error, please call 404-688-0472 to notify the sender, and then delete the email without printing, copying or retransmitting it. In addition, be advised that Georgia has a very broad open records law and that your email communications with GMA may be subject to public disclosure. Hey, did you notice my new email address? GMANET is now GACITIES.COM. While I'm still getting the emails you send me, please update your contacts to note my new email address. NOT LEGAL ADVICE: Any information contained herein (including any attachments) is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Such information also is not intended and should not be construed as advice with respect to municipal financial products, the issuance of municipal securities, or solicitation to induce any municipal securities transaction. The person sending this communication is not a "municipal advisor" as defined in Section 15B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. You should consult with your own legal, accounting, tax, financial and other advisors, as applicable. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this communication is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you. ______________________________________________________________________ This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service. For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com ______________________________________________________________________
JB
James B. Lampke Esq.
Fri, May 15, 2020 1:27 PM

We don't have a written policy yet.  The state has mandated face coverings
when social distancing can't be maintained and generally
encourages everyone to wear face coverings.

Right now, for our Town Meeting (local legislative body open to all
registered voters) we are requiring attendees to wear masks (even though we
will have seats 6 feet apart in all directions- having in a football
field).  Only exceptions are those who "claim" they cannot wear a face
covering for a medical reason, and those who communicate to the hard of
hearing  while they are so communicating.

On the last item above re hard of hearing, this seems to be an issue likely
overlooked but needs to be recognized.  The state ACLU has sent out a
reminder letter on the medical exceptions and an exception for those
communicating with the hard of hearing.

Best,

Jim

James B. Lampke, Esq.

Of Counsel

LampkeLaw LLC

115 North Street, Hingham, MA  02043

p: 781-749-9922 | m: 617-285-4561 | f: 781-749-9923

james.lampke@lampkelaw.com

www.lampkelaw.com
http://facebook.com/lampkelaw http://twitter.com/lampkelaw
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jameslampke

Emails sent or received shall neither constitute acceptance of conducting
transactions via electronic means nor shall create a binding contract in
the absence of a fully signed written agreement.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it
is addressed. It is confidential, and may contain information protected by
the attorney-client privilege and/or the work product doctrine. If the
reader is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible
for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any forwarding, distribution, dissemination or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender and delete the original message. Thank you.

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 1:34 PM Alison Earles aearles@gacities.com wrote:

[...]

Disasterrelief mailing list
Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org

We don't have a written policy yet. The state has mandated face coverings when social distancing can't be maintained and generally encourages everyone to wear face coverings. Right now, for our Town Meeting (local legislative body open to all registered voters) we are requiring attendees to wear masks (even though we will have seats 6 feet apart in all directions- having in a football field). Only exceptions are those who "claim" they cannot wear a face covering for a medical reason, and those who communicate to the hard of hearing while they are so communicating. On the last item above re hard of hearing, this seems to be an issue likely overlooked but needs to be recognized. The state ACLU has sent out a reminder letter on the medical exceptions and an exception for those communicating with the hard of hearing. Best, Jim *James B. Lampke, Esq.* *Of Counsel* *LampkeLaw LLC* 115 North Street, Hingham, MA 02043 p: 781-749-9922 | m: 617-285-4561 | f: 781-749-9923 james.lampke@lampkelaw.com www.lampkelaw.com <http://facebook.com/lampkelaw> <http://twitter.com/lampkelaw> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jameslampke> Emails sent or received shall neither constitute acceptance of conducting transactions via electronic means nor shall create a binding contract in the absence of a fully signed written agreement. CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. It is confidential, and may contain information protected by the attorney-client privilege and/or the work product doctrine. If the reader is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any forwarding, distribution, dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the original message. Thank you. On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 1:34 PM Alison Earles <aearles@gacities.com> wrote: > Does anyone have samples of policies where a city requires members of the > public to wear a mask or cloth face covering when entering a city building > or facility? If so, please share. Thanks so much! Alison Earles > > Sent from my iPhone > > Alison Earles > Senior Associate General Counsel > Office: 678-651-1028 ? Fax: 678-651-1029 > www.gacities.com > READER ADVISORY NOTICE: This information is intended only for the > individual named above. If you received this in error, please call > 404-688-0472 to notify the sender, and then delete the email without > printing, copying or retransmitting it. In addition, be advised that > Georgia has a very broad open records law and that your email > communications with GMA may be subject to public disclosure. > > Hey, did you notice my new email address? > > GMANET is now GACITIES.COM. While I’m still getting the emails you send > me, please update your contacts to note my new email address. > > NOT LEGAL ADVICE: Any information contained herein (including any > attachments) is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal > advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Such > information also is not intended and should not be construed as advice with > respect to municipal financial products, the issuance of municipal > securities, or solicitation to induce any municipal securities transaction. > The person sending this communication is not a “municipal advisor” as > defined in Section 15B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. You should > consult with your own legal, accounting, tax, financial and other advisors, > as applicable. > > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain privileged or confidential > information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you > are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or > use of the contents of this communication is prohibited and may be > unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, > please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message > in error, and delete it. Thank you. > > ______________________________________________________________________ > This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service. > For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com > ______________________________________________________________________ > _______________________________________________ > Disasterrelief mailing list > Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org > http://lists.imla.org/mailman/listinfo/disasterrelief_lists.imla.org >
AK
Amanda Kellar
Fri, May 15, 2020 1:43 PM

Jim,

Great point about masks and the ADA.  Here’s what the EEOC says on this:

G.2. An employer requires returning workers to wear personal protective gear and engage in infection control practices. Some employees ask for accommodations due to a need for modified protective gear. Must an employer grant these requests? (4/17/20)
An employer may require employees to wear protective gearhttps://www.eeoc.gov/laws/guidance/pandemic-preparedness-workplace-and-americans-disabilities-act#q12 (for example, masks and gloves) and observe infection control practiceshttps://www.eeoc.gov/laws/guidance/pandemic-preparedness-workplace-and-americans-disabilities-act#q11 (for example, regular hand washing and social distancing protocols).
However, where an employee with a disability needs a related reasonable accommodation under the ADA (e.g., non-latex gloves, modified face masks for interpreters or others who communicate with an employee who uses lip reading, or gowns designed for individuals who use wheelchairs), or a religious accommodation under Title VII (such as modified equipment due to religious garb), the employer should discuss the request and provide the modification or an alternative if feasible and not an undue hardship on the operation of the employer's business under the ADA or Title VII.

https://www.eeoc.gov/wysk/what-you-should-know-about-covid-19-and-ada-rehabilitation-act-and-other-eeo-laws

[photo]

Amanda Kellar
Deputy General Counsel / Director of Legal Advocacy
International Municipal Lawyers Association, Inc.

A 51 Monroe St., Suite 404, Rockville, MD, 20850
[cid:image003.jpg@01D62A9D.4BB937B0]http://www.facebook.com/IMLA-259977855541/  [cid:image004.jpg@01D62A9D.4BB937B0] http://www.linkedin.com/company/international-municipal-lawyers-association-inc./  [cid:image005.jpg@01D62A9D.4BB937B0] http://twitter.com/imlalegal  [cid:image006.jpg@01D62A9D.4BB937B0] http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation
P (202) 466-5424 ext. 7116

W www.imla.orghttp://www.imla.org/
Plan Ahead!

IMLA’s 85th Annual Conferencehttp://imla.org/events/conferences, September 23-27 in La Quinta, CA!
IMLA’s 2021 Mid-Year Seminarhttps://imla.org/events/seminars, April 23-26, 2021 in Washington, DC!

james.lampke@lampkelaw.commailto:james.lampke@lampkelaw.com

www.lampkelaw.comhttp://www.lampkelaw.com/
[https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/facebook.png]http://facebook.com/lampkelaw
[https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/twitter.png]http://twitter.com/lampkelaw
[https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/linkedin.png]http://www.linkedin.com/in/jameslampke

www.gacities.comhttp://www.gacities.com

GMANET is now GACITIES.COMhttp://GACITIES.COM. While I’m still getting the emails you send me, please update your contacts to note my new email address.

[...]

Disasterrelief@lists.imla.orgmailto:Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org

Jim, Great point about masks and the ADA. Here’s what the EEOC says on this: G.2. An employer requires returning workers to wear personal protective gear and engage in infection control practices. Some employees ask for accommodations due to a need for modified protective gear. Must an employer grant these requests? (4/17/20) An employer may require employees to wear protective gear<https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/guidance/pandemic-preparedness-workplace-and-americans-disabilities-act#q12> (for example, masks and gloves) and observe infection control practices<https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/guidance/pandemic-preparedness-workplace-and-americans-disabilities-act#q11> (for example, regular hand washing and social distancing protocols). However, where an employee with a disability needs a related reasonable accommodation under the ADA (e.g., non-latex gloves, modified face masks for interpreters or others who communicate with an employee who uses lip reading, or gowns designed for individuals who use wheelchairs), or a religious accommodation under Title VII (such as modified equipment due to religious garb), the employer should discuss the request and provide the modification or an alternative if feasible and not an undue hardship on the operation of the employer's business under the ADA or Title VII. https://www.eeoc.gov/wysk/what-you-should-know-about-covid-19-and-ada-rehabilitation-act-and-other-eeo-laws [photo] Amanda Kellar Deputy General Counsel / Director of Legal Advocacy International Municipal Lawyers Association, Inc. A 51 Monroe St., Suite 404, Rockville, MD, 20850 [cid:image003.jpg@01D62A9D.4BB937B0]<http://www.facebook.com/IMLA-259977855541/> [cid:image004.jpg@01D62A9D.4BB937B0] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/international-municipal-lawyers-association-inc./> [cid:image005.jpg@01D62A9D.4BB937B0] <http://twitter.com/imlalegal> [cid:image006.jpg@01D62A9D.4BB937B0] <http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation> P (202) 466-5424 ext. 7116 W www.imla.org<http://www.imla.org/> Plan Ahead! IMLA’s 85th Annual Conference<http://imla.org/events/conferences>, September 23-27 in La Quinta, CA! IMLA’s 2021 Mid-Year Seminar<https://imla.org/events/seminars>, April 23-26, 2021 in Washington, DC! From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of James B. Lampke Esq. Sent: Friday, May 15, 2020 9:28 AM To: Alison Earles <aearles@gacities.com> Cc: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Requiring public to wear masks We don't have a written policy yet. The state has mandated face coverings when social distancing can't be maintained and generally encourages everyone to wear face coverings. Right now, for our Town Meeting (local legislative body open to all registered voters) we are requiring attendees to wear masks (even though we will have seats 6 feet apart in all directions- having in a football field). Only exceptions are those who "claim" they cannot wear a face covering for a medical reason, and those who communicate to the hard of hearing while they are so communicating. On the last item above re hard of hearing, this seems to be an issue likely overlooked but needs to be recognized. The state ACLU has sent out a reminder letter on the medical exceptions and an exception for those communicating with the hard of hearing. Best, Jim James B. Lampke, Esq. Of Counsel LampkeLaw LLC 115 North Street, Hingham, MA 02043 p: 781-749-9922 | m: 617-285-4561 | f: 781-749-9923 james.lampke@lampkelaw.com<mailto:james.lampke@lampkelaw.com> www.lampkelaw.com<http://www.lampkelaw.com/> [https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/facebook.png]<http://facebook.com/lampkelaw> [https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/twitter.png]<http://twitter.com/lampkelaw> [https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/linkedin.png]<http://www.linkedin.com/in/jameslampke> Emails sent or received shall neither constitute acceptance of conducting transactions via electronic means nor shall create a binding contract in the absence of a fully signed written agreement. CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. It is confidential, and may contain information protected by the attorney-client privilege and/or the work product doctrine. If the reader is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any forwarding, distribution, dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the original message. Thank you. On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 1:34 PM Alison Earles <aearles@gacities.com<mailto:aearles@gacities.com>> wrote: Does anyone have samples of policies where a city requires members of the public to wear a mask or cloth face covering when entering a city building or facility? If so, please share. Thanks so much! Alison Earles Sent from my iPhone Alison Earles Senior Associate General Counsel Office: 678-651-1028 ? Fax: 678-651-1029 www.gacities.com<http://www.gacities.com> READER ADVISORY NOTICE: This information is intended only for the individual named above. If you received this in error, please call 404-688-0472 to notify the sender, and then delete the email without printing, copying or retransmitting it. In addition, be advised that Georgia has a very broad open records law and that your email communications with GMA may be subject to public disclosure. Hey, did you notice my new email address? GMANET is now GACITIES.COM<http://GACITIES.COM>. While I’m still getting the emails you send me, please update your contacts to note my new email address. NOT LEGAL ADVICE: Any information contained herein (including any attachments) is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Such information also is not intended and should not be construed as advice with respect to municipal financial products, the issuance of municipal securities, or solicitation to induce any municipal securities transaction. The person sending this communication is not a “municipal advisor” as defined in Section 15B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. You should consult with your own legal, accounting, tax, financial and other advisors, as applicable. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this communication is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you. ______________________________________________________________________ This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service. For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com ______________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________ Disasterrelief mailing list Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> http://lists.imla.org/mailman/listinfo/disasterrelief_lists.imla.org
TW
Torres, Winter L.
Fri, May 15, 2020 2:18 PM

​There was a story on CBS This Morning about a hospital using mask with clear plastic (not sure of material) so folks could read lips. I tried to find the story online, but was unable to locate it. But based on a Google search, these masks are being made.

[cid:image001.png@01D51FA5.BDE36940]

WINTER L. TORRES
deputy city attorney for policy
o 505.768.4524
wtorres@cabq.govhttps://www.cabq.gov/

www.lampkelaw.comhttps://hes32-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.lampkelaw.com&umid=054af4cc-87be-4d9f-b805-6470090804fd&auth=c5e193b2792d33bbda0d14ee5f909adbb398f028-9206f7431b3f910a89d2d48b6e43fb3cf9604eb8

[https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/facebook.png]https://hes32-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http%3a%2f%2ffacebook.com%2flampkelaw&umid=054af4cc-87be-4d9f-b805-6470090804fd&auth=c5e193b2792d33bbda0d14ee5f909adbb398f028-4b62a0d341623a8c64e8e61231d2f85e33b5926e        [https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/twitter.png] https://hes32-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http%3a%2f%2ftwitter.com%2flampkelaw&umid=054af4cc-87be-4d9f-b805-6470090804fd&auth=c5e193b2792d33bbda0d14ee5f909adbb398f028-d5508c730a4843589a17488203c11d2bb16223d4        [https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/linkedin.png] https://hes32-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.linkedin.com%2fin%2fjameslampke&umid=054af4cc-87be-4d9f-b805-6470090804fd&auth=c5e193b2792d33bbda0d14ee5f909adbb398f028-08feba8a6c32eb9f72b398d13492febdb3379b57

www.gacities.comhttps://hes32-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.gacities.com&umid=054af4cc-87be-4d9f-b805-6470090804fd&auth=c5e193b2792d33bbda0d14ee5f909adbb398f028-1a997581172f32c5879132d5633dd713cb27e40a

GMANET is now GACITIES.COMhttps://hes32-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http%3a%2f%2fGACITIES.COM&umid=054af4cc-87be-4d9f-b805-6470090804fd&auth=c5e193b2792d33bbda0d14ee5f909adbb398f028-65c878a6cfaf241a07a4db85d993a66141a7d511. While I’m still getting the emails you send me, please update your contacts to note my new email address.

For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.comhttps://hes32-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.symanteccloud.com&umid=054af4cc-87be-4d9f-b805-6470090804fd&auth=c5e193b2792d33bbda0d14ee5f909adbb398f028-bd07da7987d8dd309711d302e0f365c9f845e0ff

Disasterrelief mailing list
Disasterrelief@lists.imla.orgmailto:Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org
http://lists.imla.org/mailman/listinfo/disasterrelief_lists.imla.orghttps://hes32-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http%3a%2f%2flists.imla.org%2fmailman%2flistinfo%2fdisasterrelief%5flists.imla.org&umid=054af4cc-87be-4d9f-b805-6470090804fd&auth=c5e193b2792d33bbda0d14ee5f909adbb398f028-cccd5ba2a607d211c05db10253ffbf885e83ee4e

This message has been analyzed by Deep Discovery Email Inspector.

​There was a story on CBS This Morning about a hospital using mask with clear plastic (not sure of material) so folks could read lips. I tried to find the story online, but was unable to locate it. But based on a Google search, these masks are being made. [cid:image001.png@01D51FA5.BDE36940] WINTER L. TORRES deputy city attorney for policy o 505.768.4524 wtorres@cabq.gov<https://www.cabq.gov/>​ ________________________________ From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> on behalf of James B. Lampke Esq. <james.lampke@lampkelaw.com> Sent: Friday, May 15, 2020 7:27 AM To: Alison Earles Cc: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Requiring public to wear masks We don't have a written policy yet. The state has mandated face coverings when social distancing can't be maintained and generally encourages everyone to wear face coverings. Right now, for our Town Meeting (local legislative body open to all registered voters) we are requiring attendees to wear masks (even though we will have seats 6 feet apart in all directions- having in a football field). Only exceptions are those who "claim" they cannot wear a face covering for a medical reason, and those who communicate to the hard of hearing while they are so communicating. On the last item above re hard of hearing, this seems to be an issue likely overlooked but needs to be recognized. The state ACLU has sent out a reminder letter on the medical exceptions and an exception for those communicating with the hard of hearing. Best, Jim James B. Lampke, Esq. Of Counsel LampkeLaw LLC 115 North Street, Hingham, MA 02043 p: 781-749-9922 | m: 617-285-4561 | f: 781-749-9923 james.lampke@lampkelaw.com<mailto:james.lampke@lampkelaw.com> www.lampkelaw.com<https://hes32-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.lampkelaw.com&umid=054af4cc-87be-4d9f-b805-6470090804fd&auth=c5e193b2792d33bbda0d14ee5f909adbb398f028-9206f7431b3f910a89d2d48b6e43fb3cf9604eb8> [https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/facebook.png]<https://hes32-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http%3a%2f%2ffacebook.com%2flampkelaw&umid=054af4cc-87be-4d9f-b805-6470090804fd&auth=c5e193b2792d33bbda0d14ee5f909adbb398f028-4b62a0d341623a8c64e8e61231d2f85e33b5926e> [https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/twitter.png] <https://hes32-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http%3a%2f%2ftwitter.com%2flampkelaw&umid=054af4cc-87be-4d9f-b805-6470090804fd&auth=c5e193b2792d33bbda0d14ee5f909adbb398f028-d5508c730a4843589a17488203c11d2bb16223d4> [https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.wisestamp.com/social_icons/square/linkedin.png] <https://hes32-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.linkedin.com%2fin%2fjameslampke&umid=054af4cc-87be-4d9f-b805-6470090804fd&auth=c5e193b2792d33bbda0d14ee5f909adbb398f028-08feba8a6c32eb9f72b398d13492febdb3379b57> Emails sent or received shall neither constitute acceptance of conducting transactions via electronic means nor shall create a binding contract in the absence of a fully signed written agreement. CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. It is confidential, and may contain information protected by the attorney-client privilege and/or the work product doctrine. If the reader is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any forwarding, distribution, dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the original message. Thank you. On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 1:34 PM Alison Earles <aearles@gacities.com<mailto:aearles@gacities.com>> wrote: Does anyone have samples of policies where a city requires members of the public to wear a mask or cloth face covering when entering a city building or facility? If so, please share. Thanks so much! Alison Earles Sent from my iPhone Alison Earles Senior Associate General Counsel Office: 678-651-1028 ? Fax: 678-651-1029 www.gacities.com<https://hes32-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.gacities.com&umid=054af4cc-87be-4d9f-b805-6470090804fd&auth=c5e193b2792d33bbda0d14ee5f909adbb398f028-1a997581172f32c5879132d5633dd713cb27e40a> READER ADVISORY NOTICE: This information is intended only for the individual named above. If you received this in error, please call 404-688-0472 to notify the sender, and then delete the email without printing, copying or retransmitting it. In addition, be advised that Georgia has a very broad open records law and that your email communications with GMA may be subject to public disclosure. Hey, did you notice my new email address? GMANET is now GACITIES.COM<https://hes32-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http%3a%2f%2fGACITIES.COM&umid=054af4cc-87be-4d9f-b805-6470090804fd&auth=c5e193b2792d33bbda0d14ee5f909adbb398f028-65c878a6cfaf241a07a4db85d993a66141a7d511>. While I’m still getting the emails you send me, please update your contacts to note my new email address. NOT LEGAL ADVICE: Any information contained herein (including any attachments) is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Such information also is not intended and should not be construed as advice with respect to municipal financial products, the issuance of municipal securities, or solicitation to induce any municipal securities transaction. The person sending this communication is not a “municipal advisor” as defined in Section 15B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. You should consult with your own legal, accounting, tax, financial and other advisors, as applicable. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this communication is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you. ______________________________________________________________________ This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service. For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com<https://hes32-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.symanteccloud.com&umid=054af4cc-87be-4d9f-b805-6470090804fd&auth=c5e193b2792d33bbda0d14ee5f909adbb398f028-bd07da7987d8dd309711d302e0f365c9f845e0ff> ______________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________ Disasterrelief mailing list Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> http://lists.imla.org/mailman/listinfo/disasterrelief_lists.imla.org<https://hes32-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=http%3a%2f%2flists.imla.org%2fmailman%2flistinfo%2fdisasterrelief%5flists.imla.org&umid=054af4cc-87be-4d9f-b805-6470090804fd&auth=c5e193b2792d33bbda0d14ee5f909adbb398f028-cccd5ba2a607d211c05db10253ffbf885e83ee4e> ======================================================= This message has been analyzed by Deep Discovery Email Inspector.