Union Question

PG
Philippa Guthrie
Mon, Mar 30, 2020 7:21 PM

Are any of you being asked by your AFSCME employees to send them all home
during the period of a Governor's executive order with full pay? These
would be employees in utilities (e.g. maintenance and repair crews),
sanitation, street and road repair crews, possibly parks, etc.

We are still operating these departments since much of what they do has
been deemed essential government functions in our state's shelter in place
order, but we have put in place new measures for distancing whenever
possible (e.g. reducing sharing of vehicles; staggering shifts and shift
start/end times, etc.).

Philippa M. Guthrie

Corporation Counsel, Legal Department
City of Bloomington, IN
guthriep@bloomington.in.gov
812.349.3547 Office
812.325.7512 Cell
bloomington.in.gov http://www.bloomington.in.gov

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This transmission (including any attachments) may contain information which
is confidential, attorney work product and/or subject to the
attorney-client privilege, and is intended solely for the recipient(s)
named above.  If you are not a named recipient, any interception, copying,
distribution, disclosure or use of this transmission or any information
contained in it is strictly prohibited, and may be subject to criminal and
civil penalties.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately call us collect at (812) 349-3426, delete the transmission from
all forms of electronic  or other storage, and destroy all hard copies.  Do
NOT forward this transmission.  Thank you.

[...]
GN
Grover, Neil A.
Mon, Mar 30, 2020 7:36 PM

The US DOL W&H Div has updated Q&A for the new federal law, which helps inform the issue of essential and emergency workers. Their Answer is expansive in terms of government workers.

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization! Do not click links, open attachments or reply, unless you recognize the sender's email address and know the content is safe!

[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/8aNqkr1OXec2u29esgM-stMXa1dmn9kdv56sbxfEE0P2ycoWFTzIn7u_kYBwc_4q3vg1SoKaJsoqb5UQl9HslRiPVyZlhA1jEZ7pyCMEMR8VSizx00ERU1ggKPTyI8XS9D3uncTl]

guthriep@bloomington.in.govmailto:guthriep@bloomington.in.gov
812.349.3547 Office
812.325.7512 Cell
bloomington.in.govhttp://www.bloomington.in.gov

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This transmission (including any attachments) may contain information which is confidential, attorney work product and/or subject to the attorney-client privilege, and is intended solely for the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not a named recipient, any interception, copying, distribution, disclosure or use of this transmission or any information contained in it is strictly prohibited, and may be subject to criminal and civil penalties.  If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately call us collect at (812) 349-3426, delete the transmission from all forms of electronic  or other storage, and destroy all hard copies.  Do NOT forward this transmission.  Thank you.

The US DOL W&H Div has updated Q&A for the new federal law, which helps inform the issue of essential and emergency workers. Their Answer is expansive in terms of government workers. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone -------- Original message -------- From: Philippa Guthrie <guthriep@bloomington.in.gov> Date: 3/30/20 3:22 PM (GMT-05:00) To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: [Disasterrelief] Union Question CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization! Do not click links, open attachments or reply, unless you recognize the sender's email address and know the content is safe! Are any of you being asked by your AFSCME employees to send them all home during the period of a Governor's executive order with full pay? These would be employees in utilities (e.g. maintenance and repair crews), sanitation, street and road repair crews, possibly parks, etc. We are still operating these departments since much of what they do has been deemed essential government functions in our state's shelter in place order, but we have put in place new measures for distancing whenever possible (e.g. reducing sharing of vehicles; staggering shifts and shift start/end times, etc.). [https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/8aNqkr1OXec2u29esgM-stMXa1dmn9kdv56sbxfEE0P2ycoWFTzIn7u_kYBwc_4q3vg1SoKaJsoqb5UQl9HslRiPVyZlhA1jEZ7pyCMEMR8VSizx00ERU1ggKPTyI8XS9D3uncTl] Philippa M. Guthrie Corporation Counsel, Legal Department City of Bloomington, IN guthriep@bloomington.in.gov<mailto:guthriep@bloomington.in.gov> 812.349.3547 Office 812.325.7512 Cell bloomington.in.gov<http://www.bloomington.in.gov> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This transmission (including any attachments) may contain information which is confidential, attorney work product and/or subject to the attorney-client privilege, and is intended solely for the recipient(s) named above. If you are not a named recipient, any interception, copying, distribution, disclosure or use of this transmission or any information contained in it is strictly prohibited, and may be subject to criminal and civil penalties. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately call us collect at (812) 349-3426, delete the transmission from all forms of electronic or other storage, and destroy all hard copies. Do NOT forward this transmission. Thank you.