Face coverings and social distancing at public meetings

SH
Stephanie Harris
Mon, Jun 1, 2020 6:55 PM

As Texas is reopening, we want to go back to in person meetings.  Does anyone have any policies they've put into place for face coverings and social distancing in council meetings?  I've been following this general topic on the list, but I've missed if anyone has discussed these issues specifically as applied to council meetings.  We would like to limit access to the council chambers to enforce social distancing and provide an over flow room with a video feed.  Anyone who wanted to address council would be allowed to do so, of course.  We would also like to require people who aren't medically prohibited from wearing a mask to do so.

Any thoughts would me most appreciated.

Stephanie H. Harris
City Attorney
City of Paris, Texas
135 1st St. SE
Paris, Texas 75460
(903) 784-9258
sharris@paristexas.gov

As Texas is reopening, we want to go back to in person meetings. Does anyone have any policies they've put into place for face coverings and social distancing in council meetings? I've been following this general topic on the list, but I've missed if anyone has discussed these issues specifically as applied to council meetings. We would like to limit access to the council chambers to enforce social distancing and provide an over flow room with a video feed. Anyone who wanted to address council would be allowed to do so, of course. We would also like to require people who aren't medically prohibited from wearing a mask to do so. Any thoughts would me most appreciated. Stephanie H. Harris City Attorney City of Paris, Texas 135 1st St. SE Paris, Texas 75460 (903) 784-9258 sharris@paristexas.gov
CK
Camila Kunau (City Attorney)
Mon, Jun 1, 2020 9:51 PM

We don't have anything in writing but that's just what we do.  We've marked chairs in the chambers with signs so folks can't sit there, and limit access to a percentage of the maximum occupancy.  We require the wearing of face masks if you are closer than 6 feet to anyone, encourage it the entire time, take everyone's temperature and don't let folks in if their temp exceeds I think 99.6.
I've attached the questions sheet everyone has to answer if they want to enter the building.  You can go to our TVSA site on sanantonio.gov (watch City Council meetings) and see it in action.  Not perfect but it works so far as we know.

Thanks,
Cam

Camila W. Kunau
Assistant City Attorney
City of San Antonio
210.207.5602
210.207.4004 (fax)

This is not an open record.  This message and its attachments contain confidential information of the City of San Antonio and may include privileged attorney-client communications.
Unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited.

CORE Values:
TEAMWORK  |  INTEGRITY  |  INNOVATION  |  PROFESSIONALISM
City of San Antonio, Texas

[cosa_quatrefoil (2)]