TOMA question--Texas

SH
Stephanie Harris
Thu, Nov 19, 2020 9:36 PM

We have a council member who wants to notice our meetings so that council members, if necessary (in the event of illness or quarantine), may participate by video conferencing.  My impression is that this is allowed, but that we'd have provide (1) a link to the zoom feed and (2) a way for the members on zoom to be seen and heard at the in=person meeting.  My first question is whether this is correct.  The second questions is if any of your cities are using this option, and if so, can my IT guy together with your IT person to figure out how to make the tech work on such an arrangement.

Thank you very much in advance,

Stephanie H. Harris
City Attorney
City of Paris, Texas
135 1st St. SE
Paris, Texas 75460
(903) 784-9258
sharris@paristexas.gov

We have a council member who wants to notice our meetings so that council members, if necessary (in the event of illness or quarantine), may participate by video conferencing. My impression is that this is allowed, but that we'd have provide (1) a link to the zoom feed and (2) a way for the members on zoom to be seen and heard at the in=person meeting. My first question is whether this is correct. The second questions is if any of your cities are using this option, and if so, can my IT guy together with your IT person to figure out how to make the tech work on such an arrangement. Thank you very much in advance, Stephanie H. Harris City Attorney City of Paris, Texas 135 1st St. SE Paris, Texas 75460 (903) 784-9258 sharris@paristexas.gov
CK
Camila Kunau (City Attorney)
Thu, Nov 19, 2020 9:45 PM

We use WebEx, we provide on the agenda the link for the public to watch it on our TVSA public access channel, and a number to call in and leave a message or ask for a call back, and our IT folks make sure all City folks are connected.  Staff hosts the meeting.  All of our meetings are videoconference until future notice.  You can see a link to them here:  https://sanantonio.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx

Thanks,

Camila W. Kunau
Assistant City Attorney
City of San Antonio, Texas