FW: U.S. Treasury Releases Guidance on the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds

BL
Burton, Laura
Thu, May 13, 2021 3:09 PM

Our finance person read this (and found it very helpful) but asked “one discrepancy is that this states for revenue loss you can use the last fiscal year. The guidance states you have to use December 31,2020, December 31, 2021, 2022 & 2023. I would love to have clarity on this as fiscal year figuring will be way less complicated than split year calculating.”

If anyone has additional material that would help clarify this could you please share or send to me separately?  burton_laura@cityofgastonia.com

Thanks!

From: International Municipal Lawyers Association ATTY-LIST@LISTSERV.MUNICODE.COM On Behalf Of Gerard Lederer
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 5:45 PM
To: ATTY-LIST@LISTSERV.MUNICODE.COM
Subject: U.S. Treasury Releases Guidance on the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds

CAUTION:  This email originated from outside of the organization.  Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
Here is a link to a legal alert that a number of my BB&K colleagues assembled: Treasury Releases Guidance on-American Rescue Fundshttps://www.bbklaw.com/News-Events/Insights/2021/Legal-Alerts/05/US-Treasury-Releases-Guidance-on-the-Coronavirus-S?utm_source=ems&utm_campaign=la-us-treasury-releases-guidance2-covid19&utm_medium=email. The document addresses six ways the funds can be used.  The National League of Cities is developing a companion piece and educational programs on the ways in which funds cannot be used.

For folks that attended our telecomm program at the recent IMLA mid-year – there have been developments.  My charts are reduced to PDFs that cannot be attached.  Send me an email and I’ll forward.

[Image removed by sender. http://clients.bbklaw.net/images/logos/bbklogohires.jpg]http://www.bbklaw.com/

Gerard Lavery Lederer https://www.bbklaw.com/our-team/gerard-l-lederer

Partner

gerard.lederer@bbklaw.com

T: (202) 370-5304  C: (202) 664-4621
1800 K Street, Suite 725, Washington, DC 20006

www.BBKlaw.com  http://www.BBKlaw.com [Image removed by sender. http://clients.bbklaw.net/images/logos/LinkedIn-rescaled.jpg] https://www.linkedin.com/company/bestbestkrieger/  [Image removed by sender. http://clients.bbklaw.net/images/logos/Twitter_logo_white.jpghttps://twitter.com/BBKlaw

Stay at home and public health orders issued in multiple counties across the U.S. require our offices to be physically closed. Because all staff are working remotely, all documents (including correspondence, pleadings, and discovery) will be served via e-mail until further notice. Because we may not receive regular mail or other deliveries during this period of time, please e-mail copies of anything you send by regular mail or delivery. Send all e-served documents in your case to the e-mail addresses for any Best Best & Krieger LLP attorney who has appeared in your case, or who has communicated with you by e-mail on your matter.

This email and any files or attachments transmitted with it may contain privileged or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you may have received this communication in error, please advise the sender via reply email and immediately delete the email you received.

Access the ATTY-LIST Home Page and Archiveshttps://listserv.municode.com/scripts/wa.exe?A0=ATTY-LIST

Our finance person read this (and found it very helpful) but asked “one discrepancy is that this states for revenue loss you can use the last fiscal year. The guidance states you have to use December 31,2020, December 31, 2021, 2022 & 2023. I would love to have clarity on this as fiscal year figuring will be way less complicated than split year calculating.” If anyone has additional material that would help clarify this could you please share or send to me separately? burton_laura@cityofgastonia.com Thanks! From: International Municipal Lawyers Association <ATTY-LIST@LISTSERV.MUNICODE.COM> On Behalf Of Gerard Lederer Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 5:45 PM To: ATTY-LIST@LISTSERV.MUNICODE.COM Subject: U.S. Treasury Releases Guidance on the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. Here is a link to a legal alert that a number of my BB&K colleagues assembled: Treasury Releases Guidance on-American Rescue Funds<https://www.bbklaw.com/News-Events/Insights/2021/Legal-Alerts/05/US-Treasury-Releases-Guidance-on-the-Coronavirus-S?utm_source=ems&utm_campaign=la-us-treasury-releases-guidance2-covid19&utm_medium=email>. The document addresses six ways the funds can be used. The National League of Cities is developing a companion piece and educational programs on the ways in which funds cannot be used. For folks that attended our telecomm program at the recent IMLA mid-year – there have been developments. My charts are reduced to PDFs that cannot be attached. Send me an email and I’ll forward. [Image removed by sender. http://clients.bbklaw.net/images/logos/bbklogohires.jpg]<http://www.bbklaw.com/> Gerard Lavery Lederer <https://www.bbklaw.com/our-team/gerard-l-lederer> Partner gerard.lederer@bbklaw.com T: (202) 370-5304 C: (202) 664-4621 1800 K Street, Suite 725, Washington, DC 20006 www.BBKlaw.com <http://www.BBKlaw.com> [Image removed by sender. http://clients.bbklaw.net/images/logos/LinkedIn-rescaled.jpg] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/bestbestkrieger/> [Image removed by sender. http://clients.bbklaw.net/images/logos/Twitter_logo_white.jpg] <https://twitter.com/BBKlaw> Stay at home and public health orders issued in multiple counties across the U.S. require our offices to be physically closed. Because all staff are working remotely, all documents (including correspondence, pleadings, and discovery) will be served via e-mail until further notice. Because we may not receive regular mail or other deliveries during this period of time, please e-mail copies of anything you send by regular mail or delivery. Send all e-served documents in your case to the e-mail addresses for any Best Best & Krieger LLP attorney who has appeared in your case, or who has communicated with you by e-mail on your matter. This email and any files or attachments transmitted with it may contain privileged or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you may have received this communication in error, please advise the sender via reply email and immediately delete the email you received. ________________________________ Access the ATTY-LIST Home Page and Archives<https://listserv.municode.com/scripts/wa.exe?A0=ATTY-LIST> Unsubscribe from the ATTY-LIST List<https://listserv.municode.com/scripts/wa.exe?TICKET=NzM3OTUxIGJ1cnRvbl9sYXVyYUBDSVRZT0ZHQVNUT05JQS5DT00gQVRUWS1MSVNUIBxxSmloktWa&c=SIGNOFF>