Re: [Disasterrelief] Emergency Response Small Business Loan Program

EW
Emily Wright
Mon, Apr 6, 2020 7:11 PM

Our Assembly passed an emergency resolution last week for $3million in small business loans. Attached is the resolution and below is the local organization accepting the applications and distributing the funds.

Our main point of debate was how much to put in the fund given the anticipation of revenue decreases. We also have a rental assistance program up for a vote at tonight’s assembly meeting.

https://www.jedc.org/emergency-loan-juneau-businesses

Emily

Emily Wright
Assistant Municipal Attorney
City and Borough of Juneau Law Department
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska  99801
Ph: (907) 586-0273
Fax: (907) 586-1147

This email (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the sole use of the addressee only.  If you are not the intended recipient, any review, retransmission, disclosure, dissemination, reliance upon or other use of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

From: Disasterrelief disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org On Behalf Of Rachel Morris
Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 11:01 AM
To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org
Subject: [Disasterrelief] Emergency Response Small Business Loan Program

EXTERNAL E-MAIL: BE CAUTIOUS WHEN OPENING FILES OR FOLLOWING LINKS

Our City wants to start a loan program to help small businesses in our jurisdiction survive during the public health crisis, with funding to come directly from the City (at least for now). Is anyone doing a similar program? If so, I'd love to see the loan/application/policy forms you've used, hear about legal issues you've encountered, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Rachel

Rachel Morris
City Attorney
Arvada City Attorney's Office
(720) 898-7193
rmorris@arvada.orgmailto:rmorris@arvada.org

ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED INFORMATION
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail and any attachments contain information that may be confidential and legally privileged.  This information is intended only for the use of the addressee as indicated above.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact me collect at (720) 898-7180 and delete the message.  Thank you.

[https://static.arvada.org/email/bar.png]

Our Assembly passed an emergency resolution last week for $3million in small business loans. Attached is the resolution and below is the local organization accepting the applications and distributing the funds. Our main point of debate was how much to put in the fund given the anticipation of revenue decreases. We also have a rental assistance program up for a vote at tonight’s assembly meeting. https://www.jedc.org/emergency-loan-juneau-businesses Emily Emily Wright Assistant Municipal Attorney City and Borough of Juneau Law Department 155 S. Seward Street Juneau, Alaska 99801 Ph: (907) 586-0273 Fax: (907) 586-1147 This email (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the sole use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, retransmission, disclosure, dissemination, reliance upon or other use of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Rachel Morris Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 11:01 AM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: [Disasterrelief] Emergency Response Small Business Loan Program EXTERNAL E-MAIL: BE CAUTIOUS WHEN OPENING FILES OR FOLLOWING LINKS ________________________________ Our City wants to start a loan program to help small businesses in our jurisdiction survive during the public health crisis, with funding to come directly from the City (at least for now). Is anyone doing a similar program? If so, I'd love to see the loan/application/policy forms you've used, hear about legal issues you've encountered, etc. Thanks in advance! Rachel Rachel Morris City Attorney Arvada City Attorney's Office (720) 898-7193 rmorris@arvada.org<mailto:rmorris@arvada.org> ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED INFORMATION CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This e-mail and any attachments contain information that may be confidential and legally privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the addressee as indicated above. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact me collect at (720) 898-7180 and delete the message. Thank you. [https://static.arvada.org/email/bar.png]