Re: [Disasterrelief] Employee Screening policies

KJ
Katie Jackson
Fri, May 15, 2020 1:34 PM

At this point, our facilities are not open to the public. Only employees who had to remain in facilities to maintain operations are working on site.  We will phase in employees over the next few weeks, but won’t add in the public until later this summer.  Our current policy is summarized below, but this may change once the facilities open to the public:

  1.   Each employee is trained on COVID-19 symptoms and then they sign a notice that they had the training and understand how to self-screen and self-protect.

  2.   Employees are required to self-screen each day before reporting to work.  If they have two or more symptoms, or a fever over 100.4, they are to call their supervisor and not report to work.  If they have remaining federal EPSL leave, they will use it.  If not, they will use personal accrued leave (vacation or medical).  We are allowing employees to “go in debt” on personal accrued leave.  They can return to work when they are symptom-free.  We are not testing at this time.

  3.   We posted signs on entrance doors stating not to enter if they have symptoms.

Please bear in mind our county has under 60 cases, and our daily increases range from 0-2 cases in the last week.  I.e. we’re not a “hot spot.”

Katie Jackson
City Attorney
1101 Poyntz Ave.
Manhattan, KS 66502
jackson@cityofmhk.comhttps://webmail.cityofmhk.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=a02888f5d207422584338329a7cfcd1c&URL=mailto%3ajackson%40cityofmhk.com
(785) 587-2460  fax (785) 587-2499

CONFIDENTIAL - ATTORNEY - CLIENT STATEMENT This message is from the City Attorney’s Office and may contain information which is privileged and confidential and is solely for the use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this in error, please destroy it immediately and please notify me immediately by return electronic mail or by telephone at (785) 587-2460.