Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary

AS
Amanda Stanley
Thu, Mar 19, 2020 8:14 PM

I’m reading the version passed by the Senate. My understanding is that government will not be reimbursed per Section 7001(e)(4) and Section 7003(e)(4).

Thoughts?

Amanda

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 19, 2020, at 2:10 PM, Karen White kwhite@lma.org wrote:

It has been signed by the President and I pulled the summary from the enacted text based on the best of my ability, but I have no pride in someone looking over and making sure it’s spot on.

<image001.jpg>

Karen Day White
Executive Counsel
Louisiana Municipal Association
700 N. 10th Street, Suite 400
Baton Rouge, LA  70802
Telephone:  (225) 332-7670
From: Disasterrelief disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org on behalf of Laylah Smith lsmith@gnrc.org
Date: Friday, March 20, 2020 at 9:43 AM
To: Karen White kwhite@lma.org, Amanda Stanley astanley@lkm.org
Cc: "disasterrelief@lists.imla.org" disasterrelief@lists.imla.org

[...]

Isn’t government eligible for reimbursement of disaster related expenses via FEMA? Best, --Chris From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> on behalf of Laylah Smith <lsmith@gnrc.org> Date: Friday, March 20, 2020 at 9:43 AM To: Karen White <kwhite@lma.org>, Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org> Cc: "disasterrelief@lists.imla.org" <disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary Thank you all so much for this information. It has been so helpful. LAYLAH SMITH, GNRC o: 615-880-3519 c: 615-579-1600 From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Karen White Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:20 PM To: Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org> Cc: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary That is accurate and confirmed by NLC. There is a push to change it, but not likely. KDW Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> ________________________________ From: Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org<mailto:astanley@lkm.org>> Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:14:46 PM To: Karen White <kwhite@lma.org<mailto:kwhite@lma.org>> Cc: Christopher J. Petrini <cpetrini@petrinilaw.com<mailto:cpetrini@petrinilaw.com>>; Caroline Storer <Cstorer@imla.org<mailto:Cstorer@imla.org>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> <disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org>> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary I’m reading the version passed by the Senate. My understanding is that government will not be reimbursed per Section 7001(e)(4) and Section 7003(e)(4). Thoughts? Amanda Sent from my iPhone On Mar 19, 2020, at 2:10 PM, Karen White <kwhite@lma.org<mailto:kwhite@lma.org>> wrote: It has been signed by the President and I pulled the summary from the enacted text based on the best of my ability, but I have no pride in someone looking over and making sure it’s spot on. <image001.jpg> Karen Day White Executive Counsel Louisiana Municipal Association 700 N. 10th Street, Suite 400 Baton Rouge, LA 70802 Telephone: (225) 332-7670 Facsimile: (225) 490-8903 DISCLAIMER: This material is being provided as technical assistance only. The information contained in this e-mail shall not be considered in any way as a legal opinion. LMA Board policy prohibits the LMA staff from providing a legal opinion to member municipalities. Should you need a legal opinion on this issue, please contact your municipal attorney. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Christopher J. Petrini Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 1:30 PM To: Caroline Storer <Cstorer@imla.org<mailto:Cstorer@imla.org>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary Please confirm whether H.R. 6201 as helpfully summarized by Karen White (thank you Karen!) has been approved by the Senate and signed by the President, and is thus law, and that this summary accurately reflects the enacted version. Thank you. Christopher J. Petrini Petrini & Associates, P.C. 372 Union Avenue Framingham, MA 01702 Tel. (508) 665-4310 Fax (508) 665-4313 cpetrini@petrinilaw.com<mailto:cpetrini@petrinilaw.com> www.petrinilaw.com<http://www.petrinilaw.com/> <image002.jpg> <image008.jpg> <image004.jpg> <image005.jpg> The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: To ensure compliance with the requirements imposed by the IRS, Petrini & Associates, P.C. hereby provides notice to the recipient(s) of this e-mail that any U.S. tax advice herein contained in this communication, including any attachments hereto, is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Caroline Storer Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 2:21 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary Karen White with the Louisiana Municipal Association found that a lot of the questions that were asked are addressed in the FFCRA, H.R. 6201. She very kindly provided a summary of that act that will answer some questions. I am attaching it here and it is now in the DropBox as well. <image006.png> Caroline Storer Marketing and Administrative Coordinator International Municipal Lawyers Association, Inc. <image007.png> A 51 Monroe St., Suite 404, Rockville, MD 20850 <image009.jpg><http://www.facebook.com/IMLA-259977855541/> <image010.jpg><http://www.linkedin.com/company/international-municipal-lawyers-association-inc./> <http://twitter.com/imlalegal> <image011.png><http://twitter.com/imlalegal> <http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation> <image013.jpg><http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation> P (202) 466-5424 ext. 7104 M (202) 246-6050 W www.imla.org<http://www.imla.org/> Plan Ahead! IMLA’s 2020 Mid-Year Seminar<https://imla.org/events/seminars>, April 24-27 in Washington, DC! IMLA’s 85th Annual Conference<http://imla.org/events/conferences>, September 23-27 in La Quinta, CA! _______________________________________________ Disasterrelief mailing list Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> http://lists.imla.org/mailman/listinfo/disasterrelief_lists.imla.org
PB
Petria Bengoechea
Fri, Mar 20, 2020 2:13 PM

I believe this is only true if you declare a local state of emergency, but maybe someone else can chime in?

Petria Bengoechea

City Attorney
City of Alamogordo
1376 E. 9th St | Alamogordo, NM 88310
Office: 575.439.4210 | Cell: 575.430.0346

“You have to do the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action, but if you do nothing, there will be no result.” – Gandhi

[cid:image003.png@01D5FE8F.7EF324E0]      [cid:image004.png@01D5FE8F.7EF324E0]

The preceding message (including attachments) constitutes a confidential attorney-client privileged document, or is otherwise a confidential communication from the Office of the City Attorney that is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 13 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521 and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it is addressed.  It is not intended for transmission to or receipt by any unauthorized person.  If you are not the intended recipient or you received these documents by mistake or error, please do not read it and immediately notify us by telephone (575) 439-4210 for instruction on its destruction or return.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, action or reliance upon the contents of the document is strictly prohibited.

THINK BEFORE YOU SEND: New Mexico law requires government agencies to disclose to the public, upon request, most written communications, including those in electronic form.  Persons communicating with City employees should expect that any communications could be released to the public and that this disclosure could include the email addresses of those communicating with City employees.

From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.orgmailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> on behalf of Laylah Smith <lsmith@gnrc.orgmailto:lsmith@gnrc.org>
Date: Friday, March 20, 2020 at 9:43 AM
To: Karen White <kwhite@lma.orgmailto:kwhite@lma.org>, Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.orgmailto:astanley@lkm.org>
Cc: "disasterrelief@lists.imla.orgmailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org" <disasterrelief@lists.imla.orgmailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org>

[...]

I believe this is only true if you declare a local state of emergency, but maybe someone else can chime in? Petria Bengoechea City Attorney City of Alamogordo 1376 E. 9th St | Alamogordo, NM 88310 Office: 575.439.4210 | Cell: 575.430.0346 “You have to do the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action, but if you do nothing, there will be no result.” – Gandhi [cid:image003.png@01D5FE8F.7EF324E0] [cid:image004.png@01D5FE8F.7EF324E0] The preceding message (including attachments) constitutes a confidential attorney-client privileged document, or is otherwise a confidential communication from the Office of the City Attorney that is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 13 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521 and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it is addressed. It is not intended for transmission to or receipt by any unauthorized person. If you are not the intended recipient or you received these documents by mistake or error, please do not read it and immediately notify us by telephone (575) 439-4210 for instruction on its destruction or return. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, action or reliance upon the contents of the document is strictly prohibited. THINK BEFORE YOU SEND: New Mexico law requires government agencies to disclose to the public, upon request, most written communications, including those in electronic form. Persons communicating with City employees should expect that any communications could be released to the public and that this disclosure could include the email addresses of those communicating with City employees. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Chris Balch Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 8:01 AM To: Laylah Smith <lsmith@gnrc.org>; Karen White <kwhite@lma.org>; Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org> Cc: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary Isn’t government eligible for reimbursement of disaster related expenses via FEMA? Best, --Chris From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> on behalf of Laylah Smith <lsmith@gnrc.org<mailto:lsmith@gnrc.org>> Date: Friday, March 20, 2020 at 9:43 AM To: Karen White <kwhite@lma.org<mailto:kwhite@lma.org>>, Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org<mailto:astanley@lkm.org>> Cc: "disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org>" <disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org>> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary Thank you all so much for this information. It has been so helpful. LAYLAH SMITH, GNRC o: 615-880-3519 c: 615-579-1600 From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Karen White Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:20 PM To: Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org<mailto:astanley@lkm.org>> Cc: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary That is accurate and confirmed by NLC. There is a push to change it, but not likely. KDW Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> ________________________________ From: Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org<mailto:astanley@lkm.org>> Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:14:46 PM To: Karen White <kwhite@lma.org<mailto:kwhite@lma.org>> Cc: Christopher J. Petrini <cpetrini@petrinilaw.com<mailto:cpetrini@petrinilaw.com>>; Caroline Storer <Cstorer@imla.org<mailto:Cstorer@imla.org>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> <disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org>> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary I’m reading the version passed by the Senate. My understanding is that government will not be reimbursed per Section 7001(e)(4) and Section 7003(e)(4). Thoughts? Amanda Sent from my iPhone On Mar 19, 2020, at 2:10 PM, Karen White <kwhite@lma.org<mailto:kwhite@lma.org>> wrote: It has been signed by the President and I pulled the summary from the enacted text based on the best of my ability, but I have no pride in someone looking over and making sure it’s spot on. <image001.jpg> Karen Day White Executive Counsel Louisiana Municipal Association 700 N. 10th Street, Suite 400 Baton Rouge, LA 70802 Telephone: (225) 332-7670 Facsimile: (225) 490-8903 DISCLAIMER: This material is being provided as technical assistance only. The information contained in this e-mail shall not be considered in any way as a legal opinion. LMA Board policy prohibits the LMA staff from providing a legal opinion to member municipalities. Should you need a legal opinion on this issue, please contact your municipal attorney. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Christopher J. Petrini Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 1:30 PM To: Caroline Storer <Cstorer@imla.org<mailto:Cstorer@imla.org>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary Please confirm whether H.R. 6201 as helpfully summarized by Karen White (thank you Karen!) has been approved by the Senate and signed by the President, and is thus law, and that this summary accurately reflects the enacted version. Thank you. Christopher J. Petrini Petrini & Associates, P.C. 372 Union Avenue Framingham, MA 01702 Tel. (508) 665-4310 Fax (508) 665-4313 cpetrini@petrinilaw.com<mailto:cpetrini@petrinilaw.com> www.petrinilaw.com<http://www.petrinilaw.com/> <image002.jpg> <image008.jpg> <image004.jpg> <image005.jpg> The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: To ensure compliance with the requirements imposed by the IRS, Petrini & Associates, P.C. hereby provides notice to the recipient(s) of this e-mail that any U.S. tax advice herein contained in this communication, including any attachments hereto, is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Caroline Storer Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 2:21 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary Karen White with the Louisiana Municipal Association found that a lot of the questions that were asked are addressed in the FFCRA, H.R. 6201. She very kindly provided a summary of that act that will answer some questions. I am attaching it here and it is now in the DropBox as well. <image006.png> Caroline Storer Marketing and Administrative Coordinator International Municipal Lawyers Association, Inc. <image007.png> A 51 Monroe St., Suite 404, Rockville, MD 20850 <image009.jpg><http://www.facebook.com/IMLA-259977855541/> <image010.jpg><http://www.linkedin.com/company/international-municipal-lawyers-association-inc./> <http://twitter.com/imlalegal> <image011.png><http://twitter.com/imlalegal> <http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation> <image013.jpg><http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation> P (202) 466-5424 ext. 7104 M (202) 246-6050 W www.imla.org<http://www.imla.org/> Plan Ahead! IMLA’s 2020 Mid-Year Seminar<https://imla.org/events/seminars>, April 24-27 in Washington, DC! IMLA’s 85th Annual Conference<http://imla.org/events/conferences>, September 23-27 in La Quinta, CA! _______________________________________________ Disasterrelief mailing list Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> http://lists.imla.org/mailman/listinfo/disasterrelief_lists.imla.org
BJ
Bush, Julian
Fri, Mar 20, 2020 2:19 PM

If that's true, can I have a cite to the reg or statute so providing?

*From: *Disasterrelief disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org on behalf
of Laylah Smith lsmith@gnrc.org
*Date: *Friday, March 20, 2020 at 9:43 AM
*To: *Karen White kwhite@lma.org, Amanda Stanley astanley@lkm.org
*Cc: *"disasterrelief@lists.imla.org" disasterrelief@lists.imla.org

[...]

If that's true, can I have a cite to the reg or statute so providing? On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 9:17 AM Petria Bengoechea < pbengoechea@ci.alamogordo.nm.us> wrote: > I believe this is only true if you declare a local state of emergency, but > maybe someone else can chime in? > > > > > > *Petria Bengoechea* > > > > City Attorney > > City of Alamogordo > > 1376 E. 9th St | Alamogordo, NM 88310 > > Office: 575.439.4210 | Cell: 575.430.0346 > > > > “You have to do the right thing. You may never know what results come from > your action, but if you do nothing, there will be no result.” – Gandhi > > > > > > > > The preceding message (including attachments) constitutes a confidential > attorney-client privileged document, or is otherwise a confidential > communication from the Office of the City Attorney that is covered by the > Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 13 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521 and is > intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it is > addressed. It is not intended for transmission to or receipt by any > unauthorized person. If you are not the intended recipient or you received > these documents by mistake or error, please do not read it and immediately > notify us by telephone (575) 439-4210 for instruction on its destruction or > return. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified > that any disclosure, copying, distribution, action or reliance upon the > contents of the document is strictly prohibited. > > > > THINK BEFORE YOU SEND: New Mexico law requires government agencies to > disclose to the public, upon request, most written communications, > including those in electronic form. Persons communicating with City > employees should expect that any communications could be released to the > public and that this disclosure could include the email addresses of those > communicating with City employees. > > > > *From:* Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> *On Behalf > Of *Chris Balch > *Sent:* Friday, March 20, 2020 8:01 AM > *To:* Laylah Smith <lsmith@gnrc.org>; Karen White <kwhite@lma.org>; > Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org> > *Cc:* disasterrelief@lists.imla.org > *Subject:* Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary > > > > Isn’t government eligible for reimbursement of disaster related expenses > via FEMA? > > > > Best, > > --Chris > > > > > > *From: *Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> on behalf > of Laylah Smith <lsmith@gnrc.org> > *Date: *Friday, March 20, 2020 at 9:43 AM > *To: *Karen White <kwhite@lma.org>, Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org> > *Cc: *"disasterrelief@lists.imla.org" <disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> > *Subject: *Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary > > > > Thank you all so much for this information. It has been so helpful. > > > > *LAYLAH SMITH, GNRC* > > o: 615-880-3519 > > c: 615-579-1600 > > > > *From:* Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> *On Behalf > Of *Karen White > *Sent:* Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:20 PM > *To:* Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org> > *Cc:* disasterrelief@lists.imla.org > *Subject:* Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary > > > > That is accurate and confirmed by NLC. There is a push to change it, but > not likely. > > KDW > > Get Outlook for Android <https://aka.ms/ghei36> > > > ------------------------------ > > *From:* Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org> > *Sent:* Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:14:46 PM > *To:* Karen White <kwhite@lma.org> > *Cc:* Christopher J. Petrini <cpetrini@petrinilaw.com>; Caroline Storer < > Cstorer@imla.org>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org < > disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> > *Subject:* Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary > > > > I’m reading the version passed by the Senate. My understanding is that > government will not be reimbursed per Section 7001(e)(4) and Section > 7003(e)(4). > > > > Thoughts? > > > > Amanda > > Sent from my iPhone > > > > On Mar 19, 2020, at 2:10 PM, Karen White <kwhite@lma.org> wrote: > > It has been signed by the President and I pulled the summary from the > enacted text based on the best of my ability, but I have no pride in > someone looking over and making sure it’s spot on. > > > > > > <image001.jpg> > > > > Karen Day White > > Executive Counsel > > Louisiana Municipal Association > > 700 N. 10th Street, Suite 400 > > Baton Rouge, LA 70802 > > Telephone: (225) 332-7670 > > Facsimile: (225) 490-8903 > > > > DISCLAIMER: This material is being provided as technical assistance > only. The information contained in this e-mail shall not be considered in > any way as a legal opinion. LMA Board policy prohibits the LMA staff from > providing a legal opinion to member municipalities. Should you need a > legal opinion on this issue, please contact your municipal attorney. > > > > > > > > > > *From:* Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> *On Behalf > Of *Christopher J. Petrini > *Sent:* Thursday, March 19, 2020 1:30 PM > *To:* Caroline Storer <Cstorer@imla.org>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org > *Subject:* Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary > > > > Please confirm whether H.R. 6201 as helpfully summarized by Karen White > (thank you Karen!) has been approved by the Senate and signed by the > President, and is thus law, and that this summary accurately reflects the > enacted version. Thank you. > > > > > Christopher J. Petrini > Petrini & Associates, P.C. > 372 Union Avenue > Framingham, MA 01702 > Tel. (508) 665-4310 > Fax (508) 665-4313 > > cpetrini@petrinilaw.com > > www.petrinilaw.com > > > > <image002.jpg> > > <image008.jpg> > > > > > > <image004.jpg> > > > > <image005.jpg> > > > > The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to > which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged > material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or > taking any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities > other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in > error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. > > > IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: To ensure compliance with the requirements > imposed by the IRS, Petrini & Associates, P.C. hereby provides notice to > the recipient(s) of this e-mail that any U.S. tax advice herein contained > in this communication, including any attachments hereto, is not intended or > written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding > penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or > recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. > > > > > > > > > > *From:* Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> *On Behalf > Of *Caroline Storer > *Sent:* Thursday, March 19, 2020 2:21 PM > *To:* disasterrelief@lists.imla.org > *Subject:* [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary > > > > Karen White with the Louisiana Municipal Association found that a lot of > the questions that were asked are addressed in the FFCRA, H.R. 6201. She > very kindly provided a summary of that act that will answer some questions. > I am attaching it here and it is now in the DropBox as well. > > > > > > <image006.png> > > > > *Caroline Storer* > Marketing and Administrative Coordinator > > International Municipal Lawyers Association, Inc. > > <image007.png> > > > > *A* 51 Monroe St., Suite 404, Rockville, MD 20850 > > > > <image009.jpg> <http://www.facebook.com/IMLA-259977855541/> > > > > <image010.jpg> > <http://www.linkedin.com/company/international-municipal-lawyers-association-inc./> > > <http://twitter.com/imlalegal> > > <image011.png> <http://twitter.com/imlalegal> > > <http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation> > > <image013.jpg> > <http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation> > > > > *P* (202) 466-5424 ext. 7104 *M* (202) 246-6050 > > > > > > *W *www.imla.org > > > > > > Plan Ahead! > > > > IMLA’s 2020 Mid-Year Seminar <https://imla.org/events/seminars>, April > 24-27 in Washington, DC! > > > > IMLA’s 85th Annual Conference <http://imla.org/events/conferences>, > September 23-27 in La Quinta, CA! > > > > > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > Disasterrelief mailing list > Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org > http://lists.imla.org/mailman/listinfo/disasterrelief_lists.imla.org > > _______________________________________________ > Disasterrelief mailing list > Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org > http://lists.imla.org/mailman/listinfo/disasterrelief_lists.imla.org >
KW
Karen White
Fri, Mar 20, 2020 2:23 PM

Yes, but expressly excluded from tax credits under FFCRA.

From: Disasterrelief disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org on behalf of Laylah Smith lsmith@gnrc.org
Date: Friday, March 20, 2020 at 9:43 AM
To: Karen White kwhite@lma.org, Amanda Stanley astanley@lkm.org
Cc: "disasterrelief@lists.imla.org" disasterrelief@lists.imla.org

[...]

Yes, but expressly excluded from tax credits under FFCRA. Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> ________________________________ From: Chris Balch <chris@balchlawgroup.com> Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 9:00:35 AM To: Laylah Smith <lsmith@gnrc.org>; Karen White <kwhite@lma.org>; Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org> Cc: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org <disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary Isn’t government eligible for reimbursement of disaster related expenses via FEMA? Best, --Chris From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> on behalf of Laylah Smith <lsmith@gnrc.org> Date: Friday, March 20, 2020 at 9:43 AM To: Karen White <kwhite@lma.org>, Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org> Cc: "disasterrelief@lists.imla.org" <disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary Thank you all so much for this information. It has been so helpful. LAYLAH SMITH, GNRC o: 615-880-3519 c: 615-579-1600 From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Karen White Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:20 PM To: Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org> Cc: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary That is accurate and confirmed by NLC. There is a push to change it, but not likely. KDW Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> ________________________________ From: Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org<mailto:astanley@lkm.org>> Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:14:46 PM To: Karen White <kwhite@lma.org<mailto:kwhite@lma.org>> Cc: Christopher J. Petrini <cpetrini@petrinilaw.com<mailto:cpetrini@petrinilaw.com>>; Caroline Storer <Cstorer@imla.org<mailto:Cstorer@imla.org>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> <disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org>> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary I’m reading the version passed by the Senate. My understanding is that government will not be reimbursed per Section 7001(e)(4) and Section 7003(e)(4). Thoughts? Amanda Sent from my iPhone On Mar 19, 2020, at 2:10 PM, Karen White <kwhite@lma.org<mailto:kwhite@lma.org>> wrote: It has been signed by the President and I pulled the summary from the enacted text based on the best of my ability, but I have no pride in someone looking over and making sure it’s spot on. <image001.jpg> Karen Day White Executive Counsel Louisiana Municipal Association 700 N. 10th Street, Suite 400 Baton Rouge, LA 70802 Telephone: (225) 332-7670 Facsimile: (225) 490-8903 DISCLAIMER: This material is being provided as technical assistance only. The information contained in this e-mail shall not be considered in any way as a legal opinion. LMA Board policy prohibits the LMA staff from providing a legal opinion to member municipalities. Should you need a legal opinion on this issue, please contact your municipal attorney. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Christopher J. Petrini Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 1:30 PM To: Caroline Storer <Cstorer@imla.org<mailto:Cstorer@imla.org>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary Please confirm whether H.R. 6201 as helpfully summarized by Karen White (thank you Karen!) has been approved by the Senate and signed by the President, and is thus law, and that this summary accurately reflects the enacted version. Thank you. Christopher J. Petrini Petrini & Associates, P.C. 372 Union Avenue Framingham, MA 01702 Tel. (508) 665-4310 Fax (508) 665-4313 cpetrini@petrinilaw.com<mailto:cpetrini@petrinilaw.com> www.petrinilaw.com<http://www.petrinilaw.com/> <image002.jpg> <image008.jpg> <image004.jpg> <image005.jpg> The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: To ensure compliance with the requirements imposed by the IRS, Petrini & Associates, P.C. hereby provides notice to the recipient(s) of this e-mail that any U.S. tax advice herein contained in this communication, including any attachments hereto, is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Caroline Storer Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 2:21 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary Karen White with the Louisiana Municipal Association found that a lot of the questions that were asked are addressed in the FFCRA, H.R. 6201. She very kindly provided a summary of that act that will answer some questions. I am attaching it here and it is now in the DropBox as well. <image006.png> Caroline Storer Marketing and Administrative Coordinator International Municipal Lawyers Association, Inc. <image007.png> A 51 Monroe St., Suite 404, Rockville, MD 20850 <image009.jpg><http://www.facebook.com/IMLA-259977855541/> <image010.jpg><http://www.linkedin.com/company/international-municipal-lawyers-association-inc./> <http://twitter.com/imlalegal> <image011.png><http://twitter.com/imlalegal> <http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation> <image013.jpg><http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation> P (202) 466-5424 ext. 7104 M (202) 246-6050 W www.imla.org<http://www.imla.org/> Plan Ahead! IMLA’s 2020 Mid-Year Seminar<https://imla.org/events/seminars>, April 24-27 in Washington, DC! IMLA’s 85th Annual Conference<http://imla.org/events/conferences>, September 23-27 in La Quinta, CA! _______________________________________________ Disasterrelief mailing list Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> http://lists.imla.org/mailman/listinfo/disasterrelief_lists.imla.org
LT
Lindsey, Tom
Fri, Mar 20, 2020 2:27 PM

I am not sure if a local declaration is necessary since the President has already declared a national emergency.
I believe locals will still need to request funding through the States, perhaps within 30 days.
Here are some FEMA guidance materials.

WARNING I am not a FEMA legal expert!

Respectfully,
Tom Lindsey
Law Director
City of Worthington
374 Highland Avenue
Worthington, OH 43085
614-431-2424 (Office)
614-880-1467 (Fax)
Tom.Lindsey@Worthington.orgmailto:tlindsey@ci.worthington.oh.us

[cid:image001.png@01D5FEA1.99DCC5B0]      [cid:image002.png@01D5FEA1.99DCC5B0]

From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.orgmailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> on behalf of Laylah Smith <lsmith@gnrc.orgmailto:lsmith@gnrc.org>
Date: Friday, March 20, 2020 at 9:43 AM
To: Karen White <kwhite@lma.orgmailto:kwhite@lma.org>, Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.orgmailto:astanley@lkm.org>
Cc: "disasterrelief@lists.imla.orgmailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org" <disasterrelief@lists.imla.orgmailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org>

[...]

I am not sure if a local declaration is necessary since the President has already declared a national emergency. I believe locals will still need to request funding through the States, perhaps within 30 days. Here are some FEMA guidance materials. WARNING I am not a FEMA legal expert! Respectfully, Tom Lindsey Law Director City of Worthington 374 Highland Avenue Worthington, OH 43085 614-431-2424 (Office) 614-880-1467 (Fax) Tom.Lindsey@Worthington.org<mailto:tlindsey@ci.worthington.oh.us> Confidential: The contents of this e-mail are protected by various legal privileges which include the attorney client privilege and work product privilege. Other privileges may also apply. The contents of this e-mail, including any attachments or other emails (hereinafter the “email”) are intended solely for the designated recipients as identified by name in the “To”, “CC”, or “BC” lines of this e-mail. If you are not designated as a recipient by name, please delete the e-mail from your inbox immediately. Your receipt was the product of an inadvertent disclosure or an unintentional violation of the confidentiality and privileges which apply. Do not disclose the contents of this e-mail to anyone. Notify the sender immediately of your receipt. All rights of the sender for violations of the confidentiality of this e-mail are expressly reserved. Sender has not waived and did not intend, directly or indirectly, to waive any privilege, in whole or in part. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Petria Bengoechea Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 10:14 AM To: Chris Balch <chris@balchlawgroup.com>; Laylah Smith <lsmith@gnrc.org>; Karen White <kwhite@lma.org>; Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org> Cc: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary I believe this is only true if you declare a local state of emergency, but maybe someone else can chime in? Petria Bengoechea City Attorney City of Alamogordo 1376 E. 9th St | Alamogordo, NM 88310 Office: 575.439.4210 | Cell: 575.430.0346 “You have to do the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action, but if you do nothing, there will be no result.” – Gandhi [cid:image001.png@01D5FEA1.99DCC5B0] [cid:image002.png@01D5FEA1.99DCC5B0] The preceding message (including attachments) constitutes a confidential attorney-client privileged document, or is otherwise a confidential communication from the Office of the City Attorney that is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 13 U.S.C. Section 2510-2521 and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it is addressed. It is not intended for transmission to or receipt by any unauthorized person. If you are not the intended recipient or you received these documents by mistake or error, please do not read it and immediately notify us by telephone (575) 439-4210 for instruction on its destruction or return. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, action or reliance upon the contents of the document is strictly prohibited. THINK BEFORE YOU SEND: New Mexico law requires government agencies to disclose to the public, upon request, most written communications, including those in electronic form. Persons communicating with City employees should expect that any communications could be released to the public and that this disclosure could include the email addresses of those communicating with City employees. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Chris Balch Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 8:01 AM To: Laylah Smith <lsmith@gnrc.org<mailto:lsmith@gnrc.org>>; Karen White <kwhite@lma.org<mailto:kwhite@lma.org>>; Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org<mailto:astanley@lkm.org>> Cc: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary Isn’t government eligible for reimbursement of disaster related expenses via FEMA? Best, --Chris From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> on behalf of Laylah Smith <lsmith@gnrc.org<mailto:lsmith@gnrc.org>> Date: Friday, March 20, 2020 at 9:43 AM To: Karen White <kwhite@lma.org<mailto:kwhite@lma.org>>, Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org<mailto:astanley@lkm.org>> Cc: "disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org>" <disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org>> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary Thank you all so much for this information. It has been so helpful. LAYLAH SMITH, GNRC o: 615-880-3519 c: 615-579-1600 From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Karen White Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:20 PM To: Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org<mailto:astanley@lkm.org>> Cc: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary That is accurate and confirmed by NLC. There is a push to change it, but not likely. KDW Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> ________________________________ From: Amanda Stanley <astanley@lkm.org<mailto:astanley@lkm.org>> Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:14:46 PM To: Karen White <kwhite@lma.org<mailto:kwhite@lma.org>> Cc: Christopher J. Petrini <cpetrini@petrinilaw.com<mailto:cpetrini@petrinilaw.com>>; Caroline Storer <Cstorer@imla.org<mailto:Cstorer@imla.org>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> <disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org>> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary I’m reading the version passed by the Senate. My understanding is that government will not be reimbursed per Section 7001(e)(4) and Section 7003(e)(4). Thoughts? Amanda Sent from my iPhone On Mar 19, 2020, at 2:10 PM, Karen White <kwhite@lma.org<mailto:kwhite@lma.org>> wrote: It has been signed by the President and I pulled the summary from the enacted text based on the best of my ability, but I have no pride in someone looking over and making sure it’s spot on. <image001.jpg> Karen Day White Executive Counsel Louisiana Municipal Association 700 N. 10th Street, Suite 400 Baton Rouge, LA 70802 Telephone: (225) 332-7670 Facsimile: (225) 490-8903 DISCLAIMER: This material is being provided as technical assistance only. The information contained in this e-mail shall not be considered in any way as a legal opinion. LMA Board policy prohibits the LMA staff from providing a legal opinion to member municipalities. Should you need a legal opinion on this issue, please contact your municipal attorney. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Christopher J. Petrini Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 1:30 PM To: Caroline Storer <Cstorer@imla.org<mailto:Cstorer@imla.org>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary Please confirm whether H.R. 6201 as helpfully summarized by Karen White (thank you Karen!) has been approved by the Senate and signed by the President, and is thus law, and that this summary accurately reflects the enacted version. Thank you. Christopher J. Petrini Petrini & Associates, P.C. 372 Union Avenue Framingham, MA 01702 Tel. (508) 665-4310 Fax (508) 665-4313 cpetrini@petrinilaw.com<mailto:cpetrini@petrinilaw.com> www.petrinilaw.com<http://www.petrinilaw.com/> <image002.jpg> <image008.jpg> <image004.jpg> <image005.jpg> The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: To ensure compliance with the requirements imposed by the IRS, Petrini & Associates, P.C. hereby provides notice to the recipient(s) of this e-mail that any U.S. tax advice herein contained in this communication, including any attachments hereto, is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Caroline Storer Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 2:21 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [Disasterrelief] FFCRA, H.R. 6201 Summary Karen White with the Louisiana Municipal Association found that a lot of the questions that were asked are addressed in the FFCRA, H.R. 6201. She very kindly provided a summary of that act that will answer some questions. I am attaching it here and it is now in the DropBox as well. <image006.png> Caroline Storer Marketing and Administrative Coordinator International Municipal Lawyers Association, Inc. <image007.png> A 51 Monroe St., Suite 404, Rockville, MD 20850 <image009.jpg><http://www.facebook.com/IMLA-259977855541/> <image010.jpg><http://www.linkedin.com/company/international-municipal-lawyers-association-inc./> <http://twitter.com/imlalegal> <image011.png><http://twitter.com/imlalegal> <http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation> <image013.jpg><http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation> P (202) 466-5424 ext. 7104 M (202) 246-6050 W www.imla.org<http://www.imla.org/> Plan Ahead! IMLA’s 2020 Mid-Year Seminar<https://imla.org/events/seminars>, April 24-27 in Washington, DC! IMLA’s 85th Annual Conference<http://imla.org/events/conferences>, September 23-27 in La Quinta, CA! _______________________________________________ Disasterrelief mailing list Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> http://lists.imla.org/mailman/listinfo/disasterrelief_lists.imla.org