Taking temperatures of members of the public that need to be fingerprinted

BL
Burton, Laura
Fri, May 22, 2020 5:23 PM

I know we have talked about this.  We are going to start taking temperatures of individuals coming into the police department that need to be fingerprinted.  That is all.  My question as I write a protocol is where exactly should we refer an individual if the individual happens to be above the recommended temperature limit?  I can suggest referring to his or her primary care doctor, but someone might not have a primary care.  Any suggestion on any other place to refer to?  Urgent cares?

Laura S. Burton  | Police Attorney
City of Gastonia Police Department | 200 East Long Avenue | P.O. Box 1748  | Gastonia, NC  28053
704-866-6962 ph | 704-866-6892 fax | burton_laura@cityofgastonia.commailto:burton_laura@cityofgastonia.com | www.gastoniapd.orghttp://www.gastoniapd.org
Confidential and Privileged Communication: This email is being sent by or on behalf of a lawyer. It is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately at the contact information listed in this email.

I know we have talked about this. We are going to start taking temperatures of individuals coming into the police department that need to be fingerprinted. That is all. My question as I write a protocol is where exactly should we refer an individual if the individual happens to be above the recommended temperature limit? I can suggest referring to his or her primary care doctor, but someone might not have a primary care. Any suggestion on any other place to refer to? Urgent cares? [Description: cid:image001.jpg@01C9DE0F.9A59EC70]_____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Laura S. Burton | Police Attorney City of Gastonia Police Department | 200 East Long Avenue | P.O. Box 1748 | Gastonia, NC 28053 704-866-6962 ph | 704-866-6892 fax | burton_laura@cityofgastonia.com<mailto:burton_laura@cityofgastonia.com> | www.gastoniapd.org<http://www.gastoniapd.org> Confidential and Privileged Communication: This email is being sent by or on behalf of a lawyer. It is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately at the contact information listed in this email.
CT
Chuck Thompson
Fri, May 22, 2020 5:28 PM

My suggestion is to establish a dialog with the local health officer and seek advice on what the local health officer sees as appropriate and work with the local health officer to establish a protocol for follow up.

From: Disasterrelief disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org On Behalf Of Burton, Laura
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 1:23 PM
To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org
Subject: [Disasterrelief] Taking temperatures of members of the public that need to be fingerprinted

[...]

My suggestion is to establish a dialog with the local health officer and seek advice on what the local health officer sees as appropriate and work with the local health officer to establish a protocol for follow up. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Burton, Laura Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 1:23 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: [Disasterrelief] Taking temperatures of members of the public that need to be fingerprinted I know we have talked about this. We are going to start taking temperatures of individuals coming into the police department that need to be fingerprinted. That is all. My question as I write a protocol is where exactly should we refer an individual if the individual happens to be above the recommended temperature limit? I can suggest referring to his or her primary care doctor, but someone might not have a primary care. Any suggestion on any other place to refer to? Urgent cares? [Description: cid:image001.jpg@01C9DE0F.9A59EC70]_____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Laura S. Burton | Police Attorney City of Gastonia Police Department | 200 East Long Avenue | P.O. Box 1748 | Gastonia, NC 28053 704-866-6962 ph | 704-866-6892 fax | burton_laura@cityofgastonia.com<mailto:burton_laura@cityofgastonia.com> | www.gastoniapd.org<http://www.gastoniapd.org> Confidential and Privileged Communication: This email is being sent by or on behalf of a lawyer. It is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately at the contact information listed in this email.
JM
Jody M Litchford
Fri, May 22, 2020 5:52 PM

We have a form that suggests that folks  contact their primary care physician or other health provider. We have more robust language we use in conjunction with a positive Covid-19 test at one of our centers, but I don't want to be in the medical referral business. I suspect the Fire Communications personnel have standard language they use as well.

Get Outlook for Androidhttps://aka.ms/ghei36

704-866-6962 ph | 704-866-6892 fax | burton_laura@cityofgastonia.commailto:burton_laura@cityofgastonia.com | www.gastoniapd.orghttps://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gastoniapd.org%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cjody.litchford%40cityoforlando.net%7C5f61c7e1fb3b488cc0f908d7fe759d9e%7C7594da9b294b4acf913bd159ae921564%7C0%7C0%7C637257653424909341&sdata=7%2BUEv3z2QAnmHdD1Z7m63mX%2B1xkzo9z2%2Bg2E7iIC13A%3D&reserved=0

Confidential and Privileged Communication: This email is being sent by or on behalf of a lawyer. It is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately at the contact information listed in this email.

Florida has a very broad public records law. As a result, any written communication created or received by the City of Orlando officials and employees will be made available to the public and media, upon request, unless otherwise exempt. Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this office. Instead, contact our office by phone or in writing.

We have a form that suggests that folks contact their primary care physician or other health provider. We have more robust language we use in conjunction with a positive Covid-19 test at one of our centers, but I don't want to be in the medical referral business. I suspect the Fire Communications personnel have standard language they use as well. Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> ________________________________ From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> on behalf of Chuck Thompson <cthompson@imla.org> Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 1:28:13 PM To: Burton, Laura <burton_laura@cityofgastonia.com> Cc: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org <disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] Taking temperatures of members of the public that need to be fingerprinted ATTENTION: This email came from an external source. Do not open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected emails. My suggestion is to establish a dialog with the local health officer and seek advice on what the local health officer sees as appropriate and work with the local health officer to establish a protocol for follow up. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Burton, Laura Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 1:23 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: [Disasterrelief] Taking temperatures of members of the public that need to be fingerprinted I know we have talked about this. We are going to start taking temperatures of individuals coming into the police department that need to be fingerprinted. That is all. My question as I write a protocol is where exactly should we refer an individual if the individual happens to be above the recommended temperature limit? I can suggest referring to his or her primary care doctor, but someone might not have a primary care. Any suggestion on any other place to refer to? Urgent cares? [Description: cid:image001.jpg@01C9DE0F.9A59EC70]_____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Laura S. Burton | Police Attorney City of Gastonia Police Department | 200 East Long Avenue | P.O. Box 1748 | Gastonia, NC 28053 704-866-6962 ph | 704-866-6892 fax | burton_laura@cityofgastonia.com<mailto:burton_laura@cityofgastonia.com> | www.gastoniapd.org<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gastoniapd.org%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cjody.litchford%40cityoforlando.net%7C5f61c7e1fb3b488cc0f908d7fe759d9e%7C7594da9b294b4acf913bd159ae921564%7C0%7C0%7C637257653424909341&sdata=7%2BUEv3z2QAnmHdD1Z7m63mX%2B1xkzo9z2%2Bg2E7iIC13A%3D&reserved=0> Confidential and Privileged Communication: This email is being sent by or on behalf of a lawyer. It is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately at the contact information listed in this email. ________________________________ Florida has a very broad public records law. As a result, any written communication created or received by the City of Orlando officials and employees will be made available to the public and media, upon request, unless otherwise exempt. Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this office. Instead, contact our office by phone or in writing.