Follow-up on COVID 19 Call

AK
Amanda Kellar
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 8:23 PM

Good afternoon,

Below is a link to guidance discussed on today's call regarding the FFCRA / EFMLEA: https://www.klc.org/userfiles/Families_First_Coronavirus_Response_Act_is_Now_Law4.13.20_(002)20200416105244.pdf

I have also attached sample emergency leave request forms, which were provided to me to share with the group.

Also, this is one of the questions which was not answered on today's call and wondering what the group thinks: Has anyone developed best practices for phrase 1 reopening of municipalities as to the taking of employees' temperatures and wearing masks for employees?  In terms of wearing masks, if you're requiring it, will it be for the whole shift, only in common areas?  What's the penalty for not following the rules?

Thanks for your responses on these questions.

Amanda

[photo]

Amanda Kellar
Deputy General Counsel / Director of Legal Advocacy
International Municipal Lawyers Association, Inc.

A 51 Monroe St., Suite 404, Rockville, MD, 20850
[cid:image003.jpg@01D61D78.88EBBCC0]http://www.facebook.com/IMLA-259977855541/  [cid:image004.jpg@01D61D78.88EBBCC0] http://www.linkedin.com/company/international-municipal-lawyers-association-inc./  [cid:image005.jpg@01D61D78.88EBBCC0] http://twitter.com/imlalegal  [cid:image006.jpg@01D61D78.88EBBCC0] http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation
P (202) 466-5424 ext. 7116

W www.imla.orghttp://www.imla.org/
Plan Ahead!

IMLA's 85th Annual Conferencehttp://imla.org/events/conferences, September 23-27 in La Quinta, CA!
IMLA's 2021 Mid-Year Seminarhttps://imla.org/events/seminars, April 23-26, 2021 in Washington, DC!

[...]
DM
David Miller
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 8:39 PM

Thanks to the group for setting me straight on how the first 10 days for
folks caring for schoolchildren is actually supposed to work. The employee
in question happens to be on monthly payroll, so he'll never know how badly
I had managed to screw it up.

David B. Miller, Board Attorney

Forrest County Board of Supervisors

P.O. Box 1310, Hattiesburg, MS 39403

Tel: 601-545-6006 Fax: 601-545-6172

This message is intended for the named recipient(s) only and may contain
privileged or confidential information. If you are not an intended
recipient, please delete the message and notify the author by return e-mail.

-inc./>    http://twitter.com/imlalegal
http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation

P (202) 466-5424 ext. 7116

http://www.imla.org/ www.imla.org

Plan Ahead!

IMLA's 85th  http://imla.org/events/conferences Annual Conference,
September 23-27 in La Quinta, CA!

IMLA's 2021  https://imla.org/events/seminars Mid-Year Seminar, April
23-26, 2021 in Washington, DC!

Thanks to the group for setting me straight on how the first 10 days for folks caring for schoolchildren is actually supposed to work. The employee in question happens to be on monthly payroll, so he'll never know how badly I had managed to screw it up. David B. Miller, Board Attorney Forrest County Board of Supervisors P.O. Box 1310, Hattiesburg, MS 39403 Tel: 601-545-6006 Fax: 601-545-6172 This message is intended for the named recipient(s) only and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, please delete the message and notify the author by return e-mail. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Amanda Kellar Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 3:24 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: [Disasterrelief] Follow-up on COVID 19 Call Good afternoon, Below is a link to guidance discussed on today's call regarding the FFCRA / EFMLEA: <https://www.klc.org/userfiles/Families_First_Coronavirus_Response_Act_is_No w_Law4.13.20_(002)20200416105244.pdf> https://www.klc.org/userfiles/Families_First_Coronavirus_Response_Act_is_Now _Law4.13.20_(002)20200416105244.pdf I have also attached sample emergency leave request forms, which were provided to me to share with the group. Also, this is one of the questions which was not answered on today's call and wondering what the group thinks: Has anyone developed best practices for phrase 1 reopening of municipalities as to the taking of employees' temperatures and wearing masks for employees? In terms of wearing masks, if you're requiring it, will it be for the whole shift, only in common areas? What's the penalty for not following the rules? Thanks for your responses on these questions. Amanda Amanda Kellar Deputy General Counsel / Director of Legal Advocacy International Municipal Lawyers Association, Inc. A 51 Monroe St., Suite 404, Rockville, MD, 20850 <http://www.facebook.com/IMLA-259977855541/> <http://www.linkedin.com/company/international-municipal-lawyers-association -inc./> <http://twitter.com/imlalegal> <http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation> P (202) 466-5424 ext. 7116 W <http://www.imla.org/> www.imla.org Plan Ahead! IMLA's 85th <http://imla.org/events/conferences> Annual Conference, September 23-27 in La Quinta, CA! IMLA's 2021 <https://imla.org/events/seminars> Mid-Year Seminar, April 23-26, 2021 in Washington, DC!
JB
James B. Lampke Esq.
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 8:51 PM

Here's my quick 1.5 cents worth of comment-

We have not done protocols for Phase 1 yet, but are starting to think about
it and thus would be interested in this.

Our Governor did an essential services order and I created the
attached guide for a municipal client which had businesses within its
jurisdiction.  It provides for taking temperatures and keeping records.
Might be a start.

I would think that the masks need to be worn the entire work time.  For
non-compliance, it would be a disciplinary matter.  Employer should issue
an appropriate order for compliance.

Thanks for everyone's help today.

Be well.

jim

James B. Lampke, Esq.

Of Counsel

LampkeLaw LLC

115 North Street, Hingham, MA  02043

p: 781-749-9922 | m: 617-285-4561 | f: 781-749-9923

james.lampke@lampkelaw.com

www.lampkelaw.com
http://facebook.com/lampkelaw http://twitter.com/lampkelaw
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jameslampke

Emails sent or received shall neither constitute acceptance of conducting
transactions via electronic means nor shall create a binding contract in
the absence of a fully signed written agreement.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it
is addressed. It is confidential, and may contain information protected by
the attorney-client privilege and/or the work product doctrine. If the
reader is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible
for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any forwarding, distribution, dissemination or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender and delete the original message. Thank you.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 4:31 PM Amanda Kellar akellar@imla.org wrote:

Good afternoon,

Below is a link to guidance discussed on today’s call regarding the FFCRA
/ EFMLEA:
https://www.klc.org/userfiles/Families_First_Coronavirus_Response_Act_is_Now_Law4.13.20_(002)20200416105244.pdf

I have also attached sample emergency leave request forms, which were
provided to me to share with the group.

Also, this is one of the questions which was not answered on today’s call
and wondering what the group thinks: Has anyone developed best practices
for phrase 1 reopening of municipalities as to the taking of employees’
temperatures and wearing masks for employees?  In terms of wearing masks,
if you’re requiring it, will it be for the whole shift, only in common
areas?  What’s the penalty for not following the rules?

Thanks for your responses on these questions.

Amanda

[image: photo]

Amanda Kellar
Deputy General Counsel / Director of Legal Advocacy

International Municipal Lawyers Association, Inc.

A 51 Monroe St., Suite 404, Rockville, MD, 20850

http://www.facebook.com/IMLA-259977855541/
http://www.linkedin.com/company/international-municipal-lawyers-association-inc./
http://twitter.com/imlalegal
http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation

P (202) 466-5424 ext. 7116

*W *www.imla.org

Plan Ahead!

IMLA’s 85th Annual Conference <http://imla.org/events/conferences>,

September 23-27 in La Quinta, CA!

IMLA’s 2021 Mid-Year Seminar <https://imla.org/events/seminars>, April

23-26, 2021 in Washington, DC!

Disasterrelief mailing list
Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org

Here's my quick 1.5 cents worth of comment- We have not done protocols for Phase 1 yet, but are starting to think about it and thus would be interested in this. Our Governor did an essential services order and I created the attached guide for a municipal client which had businesses within its jurisdiction. It provides for taking temperatures and keeping records. Might be a start. I would think that the masks need to be worn the entire work time. For non-compliance, it would be a disciplinary matter. Employer should issue an appropriate order for compliance. Thanks for everyone's help today. Be well. jim *James B. Lampke, Esq.* *Of Counsel* *LampkeLaw LLC* 115 North Street, Hingham, MA 02043 p: 781-749-9922 | m: 617-285-4561 | f: 781-749-9923 james.lampke@lampkelaw.com www.lampkelaw.com <http://facebook.com/lampkelaw> <http://twitter.com/lampkelaw> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jameslampke> Emails sent or received shall neither constitute acceptance of conducting transactions via electronic means nor shall create a binding contract in the absence of a fully signed written agreement. CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. It is confidential, and may contain information protected by the attorney-client privilege and/or the work product doctrine. If the reader is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any forwarding, distribution, dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the original message. Thank you. On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 4:31 PM Amanda Kellar <akellar@imla.org> wrote: > Good afternoon, > > > > Below is a link to guidance discussed on today’s call regarding the FFCRA > / EFMLEA: > https://www.klc.org/userfiles/Families_First_Coronavirus_Response_Act_is_Now_Law4.13.20_(002)20200416105244.pdf > > > > I have also attached sample emergency leave request forms, which were > provided to me to share with the group. > > > > Also, this is one of the questions which was not answered on today’s call > and wondering what the group thinks: Has anyone developed best practices > for phrase 1 reopening of municipalities as to the taking of employees’ > temperatures and wearing masks for employees? In terms of wearing masks, > if you’re requiring it, will it be for the whole shift, only in common > areas? What’s the penalty for not following the rules? > > > > Thanks for your responses on these questions. > > > > Amanda > > > > > > > > [image: photo] > > > > *Amanda Kellar* > Deputy General Counsel / Director of Legal Advocacy > > International Municipal Lawyers Association, Inc. > > *A* 51 Monroe St., Suite 404, Rockville, MD, 20850 > > <http://www.facebook.com/IMLA-259977855541/> > <http://www.linkedin.com/company/international-municipal-lawyers-association-inc./> > <http://twitter.com/imlalegal> > <http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation> > > *P* (202) 466-5424 ext. 7116 > > > > *W *www.imla.org > > Plan Ahead! > > > > IMLA’s 85th Annual Conference <http://imla.org/events/conferences>, > September 23-27 in La Quinta, CA! > > IMLA’s 2021 Mid-Year Seminar <https://imla.org/events/seminars>, April > 23-26, 2021 in Washington, DC! > > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > Disasterrelief mailing list > Disasterrelief@lists.imla.org > http://lists.imla.org/mailman/listinfo/disasterrelief_lists.imla.org >
BH
Bernstein, Henry
Tue, Apr 28, 2020 10:00 PM

For what it's worth, our HR director is adapting a template that she's gotten from SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) with the addition of CDC info.

Henry M Bernstein
Assistant Parish Attorney
Caddo Parish, Louisiana
(318) 226-6947
hbernstein@caddo.org

[cid:image002.jpg@01D61D7C.94550B80]http://www.facebook.com/IMLA-259977855541/  [cid:image003.jpg@01D61D7C.94550B80] http://www.linkedin.com/company/international-municipal-lawyers-association-inc./  [cid:image004.jpg@01D61D7C.94550B80] http://twitter.com/imlalegal  [cid:image005.jpg@01D61D7C.94550B80] http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation
P (202) 466-5424 ext. 7116

W www.imla.orghttp://www.imla.org/
Plan Ahead!

IMLA's 85th Annual Conferencehttp://imla.org/events/conferences, September 23-27 in La Quinta, CA!
IMLA's 2021 Mid-Year Seminarhttps://imla.org/events/seminars, April 23-26, 2021 in Washington, DC!

PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION
This e-mail message (including any attachments) is proprietary or privileged and intended only for the named recipient(s). It may contain material that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. No one other than the named recipient(s) may read, copy, rely on, redirect, save or alter all or any part of the message, or any attachments, in any way. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by return message so that we may arrange return of the document(s).

For what it's worth, our HR director is adapting a template that she's gotten from SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) with the addition of CDC info. Henry M Bernstein Assistant Parish Attorney Caddo Parish, Louisiana (318) 226-6947 hbernstein@caddo.org From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Amanda Kellar Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 3:24 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: [Disasterrelief] Follow-up on COVID 19 Call Good afternoon, Below is a link to guidance discussed on today's call regarding the FFCRA / EFMLEA: https://www.klc.org/userfiles/Families_First_Coronavirus_Response_Act_is_Now_Law4.13.20_(002)20200416105244.pdf I have also attached sample emergency leave request forms, which were provided to me to share with the group. Also, this is one of the questions which was not answered on today's call and wondering what the group thinks: Has anyone developed best practices for phrase 1 reopening of municipalities as to the taking of employees' temperatures and wearing masks for employees? In terms of wearing masks, if you're requiring it, will it be for the whole shift, only in common areas? What's the penalty for not following the rules? Thanks for your responses on these questions. Amanda [photo] Amanda Kellar Deputy General Counsel / Director of Legal Advocacy International Municipal Lawyers Association, Inc. A 51 Monroe St., Suite 404, Rockville, MD, 20850 [cid:image002.jpg@01D61D7C.94550B80]<http://www.facebook.com/IMLA-259977855541/> [cid:image003.jpg@01D61D7C.94550B80] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/international-municipal-lawyers-association-inc./> [cid:image004.jpg@01D61D7C.94550B80] <http://twitter.com/imlalegal> [cid:image005.jpg@01D61D7C.94550B80] <http://soundcloud.com/internationalmunicipallawyersassociation> P (202) 466-5424 ext. 7116 W www.imla.org<http://www.imla.org/> Plan Ahead! IMLA's 85th Annual Conference<http://imla.org/events/conferences>, September 23-27 in La Quinta, CA! IMLA's 2021 Mid-Year Seminar<https://imla.org/events/seminars>, April 23-26, 2021 in Washington, DC! ________________________________ PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION This e-mail message (including any attachments) is proprietary or privileged and intended only for the named recipient(s). It may contain material that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. No one other than the named recipient(s) may read, copy, rely on, redirect, save or alter all or any part of the message, or any attachments, in any way. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by return message so that we may arrange return of the document(s). ________________________________
JS
Jacobse, Saskia
Wed, Apr 29, 2020 12:52 PM

In Kansas City, we had intended to order a ton of thermometers to take employees' temperatures. However, our Health Director said that with so many cases of COVID being asymptomatic or having no fever but other symptoms, he feels that it was not worth the cost to take everyone's temperature.  I had been concerned because it's a medical procedure and record and therefore must be confidential. Between that and access points, it would be a logistical nightmare.  Only our first responders are having their temperature taken at the start of each shift, and that was started immediately (before we learned about the number of COVID patients without fever).

With regard to masks, we will not require our employees to wear masks, in part because we then feel we would have to provide them to all employees (repeatedly), but we are encouraging. We were concerned about the difficulty in disciplining employees, and we have so many employees, that we are confident we would be deluged with one employee reporting another who forgot to put her mask on before leaving her office etc.  We are also putting up plexiglass and adding signage and floor  tape for our forward facing employees' protection as they serve the general public.  And we are putting signs everywhere about masks, social distancing, and limiting elevator use to no more than four people at a time.

We have 800 of our 4000 employees telecommuting right now.  Some of those will be brought back, but many of us will be telecommuting as much as possible, and when we are brought back, it will likely be rotational to limit the number of people in the office at any given time.  We are also trying to find ways to provide as many services as possible remotely, and doing things like moving our paper employment applications to the first floor of City Hall, so the public does not have to ride the elevator to HR's floor just to pick up an application. We are working to balance offering services electronically with the recognition that a segment of our population does not have easy access to computers.

We are in the early stages of planning; thankfully our local stay at home order is not set to expire until May 15.

Saskia C.M. Jacobse

Assistant City Attorney

(816) 513-3121

*Email is not a secure form of communication.  Please notify me immediately if you wish to use some other form of communication with me.

EXTERNAL: This email originated from outside the kcmo.org organization. Use caution and examine the sender address before replying or clicking links.

Good afternoon,

Below is a link to guidance discussed on today’s call regarding the FFCRA / EFMLEA: https://www.klc.org/userfiles/Families_First_Coronavirus_Response_Act_is_Now_Law4.13.20_(002)20200416105244.pdfhttps://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.klc.org%2Fuserfiles%2FFamilies_First_Coronavirus_Response_Act_is_Now_Law4.13.20_(002)20200416105244.pdf&data=02%7C01%7CSaskia.Jacobse%40kcmo.org%7C2ccb273e518a4268a46208d7ebb326a2%7Cec24091159794419a8ecc808b076019b%7C0%7C1%7C637237027125943700&sdata=EFTPHHtFzvlM%2BRyKzikNr1hj0GojHBQmFUUi887Llys%3D&reserved=0

I have also attached sample emergency leave request forms, which were provided to me to share with the group.

Also, this is one of the questions which was not answered on today’s call and wondering what the group thinks: Has anyone developed best practices for phrase 1 reopening of municipalities as to the taking of employees’ temperatures and wearing masks for employees?  In terms of wearing masks, if you’re requiring it, will it be for the whole shift, only in common areas?  What’s the penalty for not following the rules?

Thanks for your responses on these questions.

Amanda

[photo]

Amanda Kellar
Deputy General Counsel / Director of Legal Advocacy

International Municipal Lawyers Association, Inc.

A 51 Monroe St., Suite 404, Rockville, MD, 20850

[cid:image003.jpg@01D61D78.88EBBCC0]https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FIMLA-259977855541%2F&data=02%7C01%7CSaskia.Jacobse%40kcmo.org%7C2ccb273e518a4268a46208d7ebb326a2%7Cec24091159794419a8ecc808b076019b%7C0%7C1%7C637237027125953699&sdata=oiW%2Bs7YIm8w%2Fnnleu4CJyRV6hZ4xHyDXTkebqUPR%2FwI%3D&reserved=0  [cid:image004.jpg@01D61D78.88EBBCC0] https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fcompany%2Finternational-municipal-lawyers-association-inc.%2F&data=02%7C01%7CSaskia.Jacobse%40kcmo.org%7C2ccb273e518a4268a46208d7ebb326a2%7Cec24091159794419a8ecc808b076019b%7C0%7C1%7C637237027125963692&sdata=QTK2ettD%2FVKYIk%2BttY8PhdPQsfsMvrh4bMJyHf%2FEyFU%3D&reserved=0  [cid:image005.jpg@01D61D78.88EBBCC0] https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fimlalegal&data=02%7C01%7CSaskia.Jacobse%40kcmo.org%7C2ccb273e518a4268a46208d7ebb326a2%7Cec24091159794419a8ecc808b076019b%7C0%7C1%7C637237027125963692&sdata=zY5kHCd0M3nkaMaZKefc2MUO%2BKzACAtzXW8QJmsDnq0%3D&reserved=0  [cid:image006.jpg@01D61D78.88EBBCC0] https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Finternationalmunicipallawyersassociation&data=02%7C01%7CSaskia.Jacobse%40kcmo.org%7C2ccb273e518a4268a46208d7ebb326a2%7Cec24091159794419a8ecc808b076019b%7C0%7C1%7C637237027125973696&sdata=94TxJepgVaXfKnDmy1RXzu4KcAKHNCrrHqDrGB9jig8%3D&reserved=0

P (202) 466-5424 ext. 7116

W www.imla.orghttps://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imla.org%2F&data=02%7C01%7CSaskia.Jacobse%40kcmo.org%7C2ccb273e518a4268a46208d7ebb326a2%7Cec24091159794419a8ecc808b076019b%7C0%7C1%7C637237027125973696&sdata=hcJnNdFs6h5NEs0qkRBwCK%2FAHN3AtJFR%2BE34sprkQoo%3D&reserved=0

Plan Ahead!

IMLA’s 85th Annual Conferencehttps://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimla.org%2Fevents%2Fconferences&data=02%7C01%7CSaskia.Jacobse%40kcmo.org%7C2ccb273e518a4268a46208d7ebb326a2%7Cec24091159794419a8ecc808b076019b%7C0%7C1%7C637237027125983692&sdata=lKh5TSbXKYFNsxEU7DGyRpnCFfo9opWhbT4GjWpm8BM%3D&reserved=0, September 23-27 in La Quinta, CA!

IMLA’s 2021 Mid-Year Seminarhttps://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimla.org%2Fevents%2Fseminars&data=02%7C01%7CSaskia.Jacobse%40kcmo.org%7C2ccb273e518a4268a46208d7ebb326a2%7Cec24091159794419a8ecc808b076019b%7C0%7C1%7C637237027125993685&sdata=8LlcgRT5076i2fEJ1Al3qhcGSg%2BZYcRo0w6%2FZAOwcu4%3D&reserved=0, April 23-26, 2021 in Washington, DC!

In Kansas City, we had intended to order a ton of thermometers to take employees' temperatures. However, our Health Director said that with so many cases of COVID being asymptomatic or having no fever but other symptoms, he feels that it was not worth the cost to take everyone's temperature. I had been concerned because it's a medical procedure and record and therefore must be confidential. Between that and access points, it would be a logistical nightmare. Only our first responders are having their temperature taken at the start of each shift, and that was started immediately (before we learned about the number of COVID patients without fever). With regard to masks, we will not require our employees to wear masks, in part because we then feel we would have to provide them to all employees (repeatedly), but we are encouraging. We were concerned about the difficulty in disciplining employees, and we have so many employees, that we are confident we would be deluged with one employee reporting another who forgot to put her mask on before leaving her office etc. We are also putting up plexiglass and adding signage and floor tape for our forward facing employees' protection as they serve the general public. And we are putting signs everywhere about masks, social distancing, and limiting elevator use to no more than four people at a time. We have 800 of our 4000 employees telecommuting right now. Some of those will be brought back, but many of us will be telecommuting as much as possible, and when we are brought back, it will likely be rotational to limit the number of people in the office at any given time. We are also trying to find ways to provide as many services as possible remotely, and doing things like moving our paper employment applications to the first floor of City Hall, so the public does not have to ride the elevator to HR's floor just to pick up an application. We are working to balance offering services electronically with the recognition that a segment of our population does not have easy access to computers. We are in the early stages of planning; thankfully our local stay at home order is not set to expire until May 15. Saskia C.M. Jacobse Assistant City Attorney (816) 513-3121 *Email is not a secure form of communication. Please notify me immediately if you wish to use some other form of communication with me. ________________________________ From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> on behalf of Amanda Kellar <akellar@imla.org> Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 3:23 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org <disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [Disasterrelief] Follow-up on COVID 19 Call EXTERNAL: This email originated from outside the kcmo.org organization. Use caution and examine the sender address before replying or clicking links. Good afternoon, Below is a link to guidance discussed on today’s call regarding the FFCRA / EFMLEA: https://www.klc.org/userfiles/Families_First_Coronavirus_Response_Act_is_Now_Law4.13.20_(002)20200416105244.pdf<https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.klc.org%2Fuserfiles%2FFamilies_First_Coronavirus_Response_Act_is_Now_Law4.13.20_(002)20200416105244.pdf&data=02%7C01%7CSaskia.Jacobse%40kcmo.org%7C2ccb273e518a4268a46208d7ebb326a2%7Cec24091159794419a8ecc808b076019b%7C0%7C1%7C637237027125943700&sdata=EFTPHHtFzvlM%2BRyKzikNr1hj0GojHBQmFUUi887Llys%3D&reserved=0> I have also attached sample emergency leave request forms, which were provided to me to share with the group. Also, this is one of the questions which was not answered on today’s call and wondering what the group thinks: Has anyone developed best practices for phrase 1 reopening of municipalities as to the taking of employees’ temperatures and wearing masks for employees? In terms of wearing masks, if you’re requiring it, will it be for the whole shift, only in common areas? What’s the penalty for not following the rules? Thanks for your responses on these questions. Amanda [photo] Amanda Kellar Deputy General Counsel / Director of Legal Advocacy International Municipal Lawyers Association, Inc. A 51 Monroe St., Suite 404, Rockville, MD, 20850 [cid:image003.jpg@01D61D78.88EBBCC0]<https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FIMLA-259977855541%2F&data=02%7C01%7CSaskia.Jacobse%40kcmo.org%7C2ccb273e518a4268a46208d7ebb326a2%7Cec24091159794419a8ecc808b076019b%7C0%7C1%7C637237027125953699&sdata=oiW%2Bs7YIm8w%2Fnnleu4CJyRV6hZ4xHyDXTkebqUPR%2FwI%3D&reserved=0> [cid:image004.jpg@01D61D78.88EBBCC0] <https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fcompany%2Finternational-municipal-lawyers-association-inc.%2F&data=02%7C01%7CSaskia.Jacobse%40kcmo.org%7C2ccb273e518a4268a46208d7ebb326a2%7Cec24091159794419a8ecc808b076019b%7C0%7C1%7C637237027125963692&sdata=QTK2ettD%2FVKYIk%2BttY8PhdPQsfsMvrh4bMJyHf%2FEyFU%3D&reserved=0> [cid:image005.jpg@01D61D78.88EBBCC0] <https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fimlalegal&data=02%7C01%7CSaskia.Jacobse%40kcmo.org%7C2ccb273e518a4268a46208d7ebb326a2%7Cec24091159794419a8ecc808b076019b%7C0%7C1%7C637237027125963692&sdata=zY5kHCd0M3nkaMaZKefc2MUO%2BKzACAtzXW8QJmsDnq0%3D&reserved=0> [cid:image006.jpg@01D61D78.88EBBCC0] <https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Finternationalmunicipallawyersassociation&data=02%7C01%7CSaskia.Jacobse%40kcmo.org%7C2ccb273e518a4268a46208d7ebb326a2%7Cec24091159794419a8ecc808b076019b%7C0%7C1%7C637237027125973696&sdata=94TxJepgVaXfKnDmy1RXzu4KcAKHNCrrHqDrGB9jig8%3D&reserved=0> P (202) 466-5424 ext. 7116 W www.imla.org<https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imla.org%2F&data=02%7C01%7CSaskia.Jacobse%40kcmo.org%7C2ccb273e518a4268a46208d7ebb326a2%7Cec24091159794419a8ecc808b076019b%7C0%7C1%7C637237027125973696&sdata=hcJnNdFs6h5NEs0qkRBwCK%2FAHN3AtJFR%2BE34sprkQoo%3D&reserved=0> Plan Ahead! IMLA’s 85th Annual Conference<https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimla.org%2Fevents%2Fconferences&data=02%7C01%7CSaskia.Jacobse%40kcmo.org%7C2ccb273e518a4268a46208d7ebb326a2%7Cec24091159794419a8ecc808b076019b%7C0%7C1%7C637237027125983692&sdata=lKh5TSbXKYFNsxEU7DGyRpnCFfo9opWhbT4GjWpm8BM%3D&reserved=0>, September 23-27 in La Quinta, CA! IMLA’s 2021 Mid-Year Seminar<https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimla.org%2Fevents%2Fseminars&data=02%7C01%7CSaskia.Jacobse%40kcmo.org%7C2ccb273e518a4268a46208d7ebb326a2%7Cec24091159794419a8ecc808b076019b%7C0%7C1%7C637237027125993685&sdata=8LlcgRT5076i2fEJ1Al3qhcGSg%2BZYcRo0w6%2FZAOwcu4%3D&reserved=0>, April 23-26, 2021 in Washington, DC!