Re: [Disasterrelief] temperature checks of law enforcement officers

CL
Chris Lebeck
Wed, Apr 15, 2020 6:01 PM

We put telecommuting in place and if you choose to come into City Hall (which is currently closed to the public) you agree to have your temperate taken entering each individual Department. For the public, I would purport this is no different than a security search through a metal detector of persons at the door for weapons/contraband. As long as properly posted and allowed by your City code should be permissible.

Chris Lebeck
City Attorney
City of Branson
(417) 337-8524
clebeck@bransonmo.govmailto:clebeck@bransonmo.gov

Be aware that this correspondence is sent from an attorney.

NOTE:  The Missouri Bar Disciplinary Counsel requires all Missouri lawyers to notify all recipients of e-mail that (1) e-mail communication is not a secure method of communication, (2) any e-mail that is sent to you or by you may be copied and held by various computers it passes through as it goes from me to you or vice versa, (3) persons not participating in our communication may intercept our communications by improperly accessing your computer or my computer or even some computer unconnected to either of us which the e-mail passes through.  I am communicating to you via e-mail because you have consented to receive communications via this medium.  If you change your mind and want future communications to be sent in a different fashion, please let me know AT ONCE.

--

From: Disasterrelief disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org on behalf of Jennifer Davenport jdavenport@chathamcounty.org
Date: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 12:56 PM
To: Eileen Blackwood eblackwood@burlingtonvt.gov, "Chris J. Connolly" CConnolly@lincoln.ne.gov, "disasterrelief@lists.imla.org" disasterrelief@lists.imla.org
Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] temperature checks of law enforcement officers

Georgia can since the Governor’s order specifically stated anyone with a fever was to stay home.  Our local declaration did as well before it was preempted by the Governor’s Order.

It is my understanding that is the policy my county is enforcing in all buildings including our courthouse.  Our judicial state of emergency contained similar language.

Jen