Any requirement to report Covid-19 to local, state or federal agency?

AE
Alison Earles
Fri, Mar 20, 2020 4:19 PM

Is anyone aware of a requirement that a public employer (or any employer) report to a local, state, or federal agency if someone with Covid-19 has been in the employer's building? I know that medical providers have some obligations to report certain diseases. But what about a city, if someone at the city learns that someone in city hall had Covid-19? Or an employee with Covid-19 was working in city offices? Any legal requirement to report to CDC?

Thanks, Alison

[cid:GMA_93e66f00-2c34-4807-9563-c79ead7acc0d.png]      Alison Earles, CIPP/US
Senior Associate General Counsel
Office: 678-651-1028 Fax: 678-651-1029
www.gacities.comhttp://www.gacities.com

READER ADVISORY NOTICE: This information is intended only for the individual named above. If you received this in error, please call 404-688-0472 to notify the sender, and then delete the email without printing, copying or retransmitting it. In addition, be advised that Georgia has a very broad open records law and that your email communications with GMA may be subject to public disclosure.

Hey, did you notice my new email address?

GMANET is now GACITIES.COM. While I'm still getting the emails you send me, please update your contacts to note my new email address.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE: Any information contained herein (including any attachments) is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Such information also is not intended and should not be construed as advice with respect to municipal financial products, the issuance of municipal securities, or solicitation to induce any municipal securities transaction. The person sending this communication is not a "municipal advisor" as defined in Section 15B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. You should consult with your own legal, accounting, tax, financial and other advisors, as applicable.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this communication is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.

Is anyone aware of a requirement that a public employer (or any employer) report to a local, state, or federal agency if someone with Covid-19 has been in the employer's building? I know that medical providers have some obligations to report certain diseases. But what about a city, if someone at the city learns that someone in city hall had Covid-19? Or an employee with Covid-19 was working in city offices? Any legal requirement to report to CDC? Thanks, Alison [cid:GMA_93e66f00-2c34-4807-9563-c79ead7acc0d.png] Alison Earles, CIPP/US Senior Associate General Counsel Office: 678-651-1028 Fax: 678-651-1029 www.gacities.com<http://www.gacities.com> READER ADVISORY NOTICE: This information is intended only for the individual named above. If you received this in error, please call 404-688-0472 to notify the sender, and then delete the email without printing, copying or retransmitting it. In addition, be advised that Georgia has a very broad open records law and that your email communications with GMA may be subject to public disclosure. Hey, did you notice my new email address? GMANET is now GACITIES.COM. While I'm still getting the emails you send me, please update your contacts to note my new email address. NOT LEGAL ADVICE: Any information contained herein (including any attachments) is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Such information also is not intended and should not be construed as advice with respect to municipal financial products, the issuance of municipal securities, or solicitation to induce any municipal securities transaction. The person sending this communication is not a "municipal advisor" as defined in Section 15B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. You should consult with your own legal, accounting, tax, financial and other advisors, as applicable. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this communication is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you. ______________________________________________________________________ This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service. For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com ______________________________________________________________________
KW
Karen White
Fri, Mar 20, 2020 5:32 PM

No such requirement in Louisiana, though coordinating through parish (county) OEPs is strongly encouraged.

KDW

Get Outlook for Androidhttps://aka.ms/ghei36

[...]

No such requirement in Louisiana, though coordinating through parish (county) OEPs is strongly encouraged. KDW Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> ________________________________ From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> on behalf of Alison Earles <aearles@gacities.com> Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 11:19:08 AM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org <disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [Disasterrelief] Any requirement to report Covid-19 to local, state or federal agency? Is anyone aware of a requirement that a public employer (or any employer) report to a local, state, or federal agency if someone with Covid-19 has been in the employer’s building? I know that medical providers have some obligations to report certain diseases. But what about a city, if someone at the city learns that someone in city hall had Covid-19? Or an employee with Covid-19 was working in city offices? Any legal requirement to report to CDC? Thanks, Alison [cid:GMA_93e66f00-2c34-4807-9563-c79ead7acc0d.png] Alison Earles, CIPP/US Senior Associate General Counsel Office: 678-651-1028 Fax: 678-651-1029 www.gacities.com<http://www.gacities.com> READER ADVISORY NOTICE: This information is intended only for the individual named above. If you received this in error, please call 404-688-0472 to notify the sender, and then delete the email without printing, copying or retransmitting it. In addition, be advised that Georgia has a very broad open records law and that your email communications with GMA may be subject to public disclosure. Hey, did you notice my new email address? GMANET is now GACITIES.COM. While I’m still getting the emails you send me, please update your contacts to note my new email address. NOT LEGAL ADVICE: Any information contained herein (including any attachments) is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Such information also is not intended and should not be construed as advice with respect to municipal financial products, the issuance of municipal securities, or solicitation to induce any municipal securities transaction. The person sending this communication is not a “municipal advisor” as defined in Section 15B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. You should consult with your own legal, accounting, tax, financial and other advisors, as applicable. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this communication is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.
KW
Karen White
Fri, Mar 20, 2020 6:32 PM

I am now hearing that if the COVID19 contraction is work-related, then there may be an OSHA reporting requirement.

[...]

I am now hearing that if the COVID19 contraction is work-related, then there may be an OSHA reporting requirement. KDW Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> ________________________________ From: Karen White <kwhite@lma.org> Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 12:32:10 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org <disasterrelief@lists.imla.org>; Alison Earles <aearles@gacities.com> Subject: Re: Any requirement to report Covid-19 to local, state or federal agency? No such requirement in Louisiana, though coordinating through parish (county) OEPs is strongly encouraged. KDW Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> ________________________________ From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> on behalf of Alison Earles <aearles@gacities.com> Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 11:19:08 AM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org <disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [Disasterrelief] Any requirement to report Covid-19 to local, state or federal agency? Is anyone aware of a requirement that a public employer (or any employer) report to a local, state, or federal agency if someone with Covid-19 has been in the employer’s building? I know that medical providers have some obligations to report certain diseases. But what about a city, if someone at the city learns that someone in city hall had Covid-19? Or an employee with Covid-19 was working in city offices? Any legal requirement to report to CDC? Thanks, Alison [cid:GMA_93e66f00-2c34-4807-9563-c79ead7acc0d.png] Alison Earles, CIPP/US Senior Associate General Counsel Office: 678-651-1028 Fax: 678-651-1029 www.gacities.com<http://www.gacities.com> READER ADVISORY NOTICE: This information is intended only for the individual named above. If you received this in error, please call 404-688-0472 to notify the sender, and then delete the email without printing, copying or retransmitting it. In addition, be advised that Georgia has a very broad open records law and that your email communications with GMA may be subject to public disclosure. Hey, did you notice my new email address? GMANET is now GACITIES.COM. While I’m still getting the emails you send me, please update your contacts to note my new email address. NOT LEGAL ADVICE: Any information contained herein (including any attachments) is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Such information also is not intended and should not be construed as advice with respect to municipal financial products, the issuance of municipal securities, or solicitation to induce any municipal securities transaction. The person sending this communication is not a “municipal advisor” as defined in Section 15B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. You should consult with your own legal, accounting, tax, financial and other advisors, as applicable. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this communication is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.
AE
Alison Earles
Fri, Mar 20, 2020 6:44 PM

Thanks, I was digging into OSHA (See link) on this when I learned that federal OSHA does not apply to local and state governments.
https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/covid-19/standards.html
Georgia does not have a "state plan" approved by OSHA. Instead, it seems to have a law that is limited to chemicals. https://www.blr.com/Workplace-Safety/Safety-Administration/OSHA--in-Georgia

Thanks to all!

[cid:image001.png@01D5FEC4.F6D92A10]

Thanks, I was digging into OSHA (See link) on this when I learned that federal OSHA does not apply to local and state governments. https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/covid-19/standards.html Georgia does not have a "state plan" approved by OSHA. Instead, it seems to have a law that is limited to chemicals. https://www.blr.com/Workplace-Safety/Safety-Administration/OSHA--in-Georgia Thanks to all! NOT LEGAL ADVICE: Any information contained herein (including any attachments) is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Such information also is not intended and should not be construed as advice with respect to municipal financial products, the issuance of municipal securities, or solicitation to induce any municipal securities transaction. The person sending this communication is not a "municipal advisor" as defined in Section 15B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. You should consult with your own legal, accounting, tax, financial and other advisors, as applicable. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this communication is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you. From: Karen White <kwhite@lma.org> Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 2:33 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org; Alison Earles <aearles@gacities.com> Subject: Re: Any requirement to report Covid-19 to local, state or federal agency? I am now hearing that if the COVID19 contraction is work-related, then there may be an OSHA reporting requirement. KDW Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> ________________________________ From: Karen White <kwhite@lma.org<mailto:kwhite@lma.org>> Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 12:32:10 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> <disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org>>; Alison Earles <aearles@gacities.com<mailto:aearles@gacities.com>> Subject: Re: Any requirement to report Covid-19 to local, state or federal agency? No such requirement in Louisiana, though coordinating through parish (county) OEPs is strongly encouraged. KDW Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36> ________________________________ From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> on behalf of Alison Earles <aearles@gacities.com<mailto:aearles@gacities.com>> Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 11:19:08 AM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> <disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org>> Subject: [Disasterrelief] Any requirement to report Covid-19 to local, state or federal agency? Is anyone aware of a requirement that a public employer (or any employer) report to a local, state, or federal agency if someone with Covid-19 has been in the employer's building? I know that medical providers have some obligations to report certain diseases. But what about a city, if someone at the city learns that someone in city hall had Covid-19? Or an employee with Covid-19 was working in city offices? Any legal requirement to report to CDC? Thanks, Alison [cid:image001.png@01D5FEC4.F6D92A10] Alison Earles, CIPP/US Senior Associate General Counsel Office: 678-651-1028 Fax: 678-651-1029 www.gacities.com<http://www.gacities.com> READER ADVISORY NOTICE: This information is intended only for the individual named above. If you received this in error, please call 404-688-0472 to notify the sender, and then delete the email without printing, copying or retransmitting it. In addition, be advised that Georgia has a very broad open records law and that your email communications with GMA may be subject to public disclosure. Hey, did you notice my new email address? GMANET is now GACITIES.COM. While I'm still getting the emails you send me, please update your contacts to note my new email address. NOT LEGAL ADVICE: Any information contained herein (including any attachments) is not intended to be and should not be construed as legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Such information also is not intended and should not be construed as advice with respect to municipal financial products, the issuance of municipal securities, or solicitation to induce any municipal securities transaction. The person sending this communication is not a "municipal advisor" as defined in Section 15B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. You should consult with your own legal, accounting, tax, financial and other advisors, as applicable. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this communication is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you. ______________________________________________________________________ This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service. For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com ______________________________________________________________________ [cid:GMA_93e66f00-2c34-4807-9563-c79ead7acc0d.png] Alison Earles, CIPP/US Senior Associate General Counsel Office: 678-651-1028 Fax: 678-651-1029 www.gacities.com<http://www.gacities.com> READER ADVISORY NOTICE: This information is intended only for the individual named above. If you received this in error, please call 404-688-0472 to notify the sender, and then delete the email without printing, copying or retransmitting it. In addition, be advised that Georgia has a very broad open records law and that your email communications with GMA may be subject to public disclosure. Hey, did you notice my new email address? GMANET is now GACITIES.COM. While I'm still getting the emails you send me, please update your contacts to note my new email address. ______________________________________________________________________ This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service. For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com ______________________________________________________________________