Extension of COVID Leave

SH
Stephanie Harris
Thu, Jan 7, 2021 9:07 PM

I apologize for not having paid more attention in the last week when this was being discussed, but for those of you who are extending COVID leave for your employees, are you getting council approval for that, or are you handling that administratively like you would ordinary personnel matters.

Thanks in advance,

Stephanie H. Harris
City Attorney
City of Paris, Texas
135 1st St. SE
Paris, Texas 75460
(903) 784-9258
sharris@paristexas.gov

I apologize for not having paid more attention in the last week when this was being discussed, but for those of you who are extending COVID leave for your employees, are you getting council approval for that, or are you handling that administratively like you would ordinary personnel matters. Thanks in advance, Stephanie H. Harris City Attorney City of Paris, Texas 135 1st St. SE Paris, Texas 75460 (903) 784-9258 sharris@paristexas.gov
JS
Jacobse, Saskia
Thu, Jan 7, 2021 9:10 PM

Here in Kansas City we are introducing an ordinance today.  We don't think we can provide leave beyond that already provided by ordinance without council authorization.  We are also frontloading sick leave each quarter - we are doing that administratively since it isn't additional leave.

Saskia C.M. Jacobse

Senior Associate City Attorney

(816) 513-3121

*Email is not a secure form of communication.  Please notify me immediately if you wish to use some other form of communication with me.