E-signatures and electronic and remote notarization?

BS
Bob Sterbank
Tue, Sep 15, 2020 10:15 PM

Hi everyone,
Does anyone use any of the commercially available electronic signature vendors (DocuSign, etc.) or are you considering doing so in the remote work pandemic times?  If so, do any of your legal department have notaries who have electronic and/or remote notary certifications?  (Washington State recently adopted emergency legislation allowing remote electronic notarization).  If the answer to either question is yes, I'd be interested in hearing (offline, if you prefer) about pros / cons, costs, and would be interested in any RFP or other procurement process documents if you utilized such a process to choose the vendor.
Thanks much in advance.
Bob

Bob C. Sterbank
Snoqualmie City Attorney
P.O. Box 987
38624 SE River Street
Snoqualmie, WA  98065

(425) 831-1888 (direct)
(425) 890-0232 (mobile)

NOTICE:  All emails, and attachments, sent to and from City of Snoqualmie may be public records and may be subject to disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Act (Chapter 42.56 RCW).
CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This message may contain information that is protected by the attorney-client and/or work product privilege. If this message was sent to you in error, any use, disclosure, or distribution of its contents is prohibited.  If you receive this message in error, please contact me at the telephone number or email address listed above or contact our paralegal, Reina McCauley, at (425) 831-1888 and delete this message without printing, copying, or forwarding it.  Thank you.

[...]
RC
Robin Cross
Wed, Sep 16, 2020 2:16 PM

We have been using DocuSign with our vendors.  Texas state law permits electronic signatures and considers them essentially to be as valid as "wet" or hard copy signatures.

We have not yet used electronic notary systems, but can forward you an email that has more information on a remote notary system they use and seem to like.

Robin Cross
Township Attorney
The Woodlands Township

[...]

*****This is an email from an EXTERNAL source. DO NOT click links or open attachments without positive sender verification of purpose. Never enter USERNAME, PASSWORD or sensitive information on linked pages from this email. *****

We have been using DocuSign with our vendors. Texas state law permits electronic signatures and considers them essentially to be as valid as "wet" or hard copy signatures. We have not yet used electronic notary systems, but can forward you an email that has more information on a remote notary system they use and seem to like. Robin Cross Township Attorney The Woodlands Township From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Bob Sterbank Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 5:16 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: [EXTERNAL][Disasterrelief] E-signatures and electronic and remote notarization? Hi everyone, Does anyone use any of the commercially available electronic signature vendors (DocuSign, etc.) or are you considering doing so in the remote work pandemic times? If so, do any of your legal department have notaries who have electronic and/or remote notary certifications? (Washington State recently adopted emergency legislation allowing remote electronic notarization). If the answer to either question is yes, I'd be interested in hearing (offline, if you prefer) about pros / cons, costs, and would be interested in any RFP or other procurement process documents if you utilized such a process to choose the vendor. Thanks much in advance. Bob Bob C. Sterbank Snoqualmie City Attorney P.O. Box 987 38624 SE River Street Snoqualmie, WA 98065 (425) 831-1888 (direct) (425) 890-0232 (mobile) NOTICE: All emails, and attachments, sent to and from City of Snoqualmie may be public records and may be subject to disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Act (Chapter 42.56 RCW). CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This message may contain information that is protected by the attorney-client and/or work product privilege. If this message was sent to you in error, any use, disclosure, or distribution of its contents is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please contact me at the telephone number or email address listed above or contact our paralegal, Reina McCauley, at (425) 831-1888 and delete this message without printing, copying, or forwarding it. Thank you. *****This is an email from an EXTERNAL source. DO NOT click links or open attachments without positive sender verification of purpose. Never enter USERNAME, PASSWORD or sensitive information on linked pages from this email. *****
PD
Penny, Deidra - LGL
Wed, Sep 16, 2020 2:20 PM

Same here. We are using DocuSign and have not gotten it set it up yet or our folks certified to do electronic notarization.

Deidra Penny
Deputy City Attorney & First Assistant City Attorney
City of Houston Legal Department
900 Bagby, 4th Floorx-apple-data-detectors://0/1
Houston, Texas 77002x-apple-data-detectors://0/1
Deidra.Penny@HoustonTx.govmailto:Deidra.Penny@HoustonTx.gov
832.393.6246tel:832.393.6246 (O)

The information contained above or attached is privileged and/or confidential. If you received this data in error, please notify me, destroy all copies immediately and do not copy or distribute the information.

[...]

Same here. We are using DocuSign and have not gotten it set it up yet or our folks certified to do electronic notarization. Deidra Penny Deputy City Attorney & First Assistant City Attorney City of Houston Legal Department 900 Bagby, 4th Floor<x-apple-data-detectors://0/1> Houston, Texas 77002<x-apple-data-detectors://0/1> Deidra.Penny@HoustonTx.gov<mailto:Deidra.Penny@HoustonTx.gov> 832.393.6246<tel:832.393.6246> (O) The information contained above or attached is privileged and/or confidential. If you received this data in error, please notify me, destroy all copies immediately and do not copy or distribute the information. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Robin Cross Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:17 AM To: Bob Sterbank <BSterbank@snoqualmiewa.gov>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: [Disasterrelief] [INTERNAL]RE: [EXTERNAL] E-signatures and electronic and remote notarization? [Message Came from Outside the City of Houston Mail System] We have been using DocuSign with our vendors. Texas state law permits electronic signatures and considers them essentially to be as valid as “wet” or hard copy signatures. We have not yet used electronic notary systems, but can forward you an email that has more information on a remote notary system they use and seem to like. Robin Cross Township Attorney The Woodlands Township From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Bob Sterbank Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 5:16 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [EXTERNAL][Disasterrelief] E-signatures and electronic and remote notarization? Hi everyone, Does anyone use any of the commercially available electronic signature vendors (DocuSign, etc.) or are you considering doing so in the remote work pandemic times? If so, do any of your legal department have notaries who have electronic and/or remote notary certifications? (Washington State recently adopted emergency legislation allowing remote electronic notarization). If the answer to either question is yes, I’d be interested in hearing (offline, if you prefer) about pros / cons, costs, and would be interested in any RFP or other procurement process documents if you utilized such a process to choose the vendor. Thanks much in advance. Bob Bob C. Sterbank Snoqualmie City Attorney P.O. Box 987 38624 SE River Street Snoqualmie, WA 98065 (425) 831-1888 (direct) (425) 890-0232 (mobile) NOTICE: All emails, and attachments, sent to and from City of Snoqualmie may be public records and may be subject to disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Act (Chapter 42.56 RCW). CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This message may contain information that is protected by the attorney-client and/or work product privilege. If this message was sent to you in error, any use, disclosure, or distribution of its contents is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please contact me at the telephone number or email address listed above or contact our paralegal, Reina McCauley, at (425) 831-1888 and delete this message without printing, copying, or forwarding it. Thank you. *****This is an email from an EXTERNAL source. DO NOT click links or open attachments without positive sender verification of purpose. Never enter USERNAME, PASSWORD or sensitive information on linked pages from this email. *****
RS
Rodriguez, Stacy
Wed, Sep 16, 2020 2:40 PM

Our city secretary has obtained the online notary certification and has been helping us. The process has been easy. We email her the unsigned document; she sets it up in her system (she uses Adobe Sign) and sends it to the signer; the signer submits it back to her with an electronic signature; and she sends us the notarized document. The whole thing only takes a few minutes normally.

[cid:image001.png@01D68C0D.410B4750]http://www.dallascitynews.net/

Stacy Jordan Rodriguez
Executive Assistant City Attorney
General Litigation Section Chief
City of Dallas
Dallas City Attorney’s Office
1500 Marilla St., 7DN
Dallas, TX 75201
O:  214-670-3476
C:  214-335-6733
F:    214-670-0622
stacy.rodriguez@dallascityhall.commailto:stacy.rodriguez@dallascityhall.com

Please be advised that this e-mail is subject to being disclosed pursuant to a request for public information under the Texas Public Information Act.  Please respond accordingly.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication, including attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, an employee or agent of the intended recipient who is responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, or you believe that you have received this communication in error, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited, may be unlawful, and are requested to reply to this email to notify the sender that you have received the communication in error and promptly delete this e-mail, including attachments without reading or saving them in any manner.  Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not a waiver of any attorney/client or other privilege.

[...]

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Please, do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Our city secretary has obtained the online notary certification and has been helping us. The process has been easy. We email her the unsigned document; she sets it up in her system (she uses Adobe Sign) and sends it to the signer; the signer submits it back to her with an electronic signature; and she sends us the notarized document. The whole thing only takes a few minutes normally. [cid:image001.png@01D68C0D.410B4750]<http://www.dallascitynews.net/> Stacy Jordan Rodriguez Executive Assistant City Attorney General Litigation Section Chief City of Dallas Dallas City Attorney’s Office 1500 Marilla St., 7DN Dallas, TX 75201 O: 214-670-3476 C: 214-335-6733 F: 214-670-0622 stacy.rodriguez@dallascityhall.com<mailto:stacy.rodriguez@dallascityhall.com> **Please be advised that this e-mail is subject to being disclosed pursuant to a request for public information under the Texas Public Information Act. Please respond accordingly.** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication, including attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, an employee or agent of the intended recipient who is responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, or you believe that you have received this communication in error, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited, may be unlawful, and are requested to reply to this email to notify the sender that you have received the communication in error and promptly delete this e-mail, including attachments without reading or saving them in any manner. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not a waiver of any attorney/client or other privilege. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Penny, Deidra - LGL Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:21 AM To: Robin Cross <RCross@thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov>; Bob Sterbank <BSterbank@snoqualmiewa.gov>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] [INTERNAL]RE: [EXTERNAL] E-signatures and electronic and remote notarization? External Email! Same here. We are using DocuSign and have not gotten it set it up yet or our folks certified to do electronic notarization. Deidra Penny Deputy City Attorney & First Assistant City Attorney City of Houston Legal Department 900 Bagby, 4th Floor<x-apple-data-detectors://0/1> Houston, Texas 77002<x-apple-data-detectors://0/1> Deidra.Penny@HoustonTx.gov<mailto:Deidra.Penny@HoustonTx.gov> 832.393.6246<tel:832.393.6246> (O) The information contained above or attached is privileged and/or confidential. If you received this data in error, please notify me, destroy all copies immediately and do not copy or distribute the information. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Robin Cross Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:17 AM To: Bob Sterbank <BSterbank@snoqualmiewa.gov<mailto:BSterbank@snoqualmiewa.gov>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [Disasterrelief] [INTERNAL]RE: [EXTERNAL] E-signatures and electronic and remote notarization? [Message Came from Outside the City of Houston Mail System] We have been using DocuSign with our vendors. Texas state law permits electronic signatures and considers them essentially to be as valid as “wet” or hard copy signatures. We have not yet used electronic notary systems, but can forward you an email that has more information on a remote notary system they use and seem to like. Robin Cross Township Attorney The Woodlands Township From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Bob Sterbank Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 5:16 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [EXTERNAL][Disasterrelief] E-signatures and electronic and remote notarization? Hi everyone, Does anyone use any of the commercially available electronic signature vendors (DocuSign, etc.) or are you considering doing so in the remote work pandemic times? If so, do any of your legal department have notaries who have electronic and/or remote notary certifications? (Washington State recently adopted emergency legislation allowing remote electronic notarization). If the answer to either question is yes, I’d be interested in hearing (offline, if you prefer) about pros / cons, costs, and would be interested in any RFP or other procurement process documents if you utilized such a process to choose the vendor. Thanks much in advance. Bob Bob C. Sterbank Snoqualmie City Attorney P.O. Box 987 38624 SE River Street Snoqualmie, WA 98065 (425) 831-1888 (direct) (425) 890-0232 (mobile) NOTICE: All emails, and attachments, sent to and from City of Snoqualmie may be public records and may be subject to disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Act (Chapter 42.56 RCW). CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This message may contain information that is protected by the attorney-client and/or work product privilege. If this message was sent to you in error, any use, disclosure, or distribution of its contents is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please contact me at the telephone number or email address listed above or contact our paralegal, Reina McCauley, at (425) 831-1888 and delete this message without printing, copying, or forwarding it. Thank you. *****This is an email from an EXTERNAL source. DO NOT click links or open attachments without positive sender verification of purpose. Never enter USERNAME, PASSWORD or sensitive information on linked pages from this email. ***** CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Please, do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
CT
Carr, Thomas
Wed, Sep 16, 2020 3:27 PM

We have been using it as well.  One of our paralegals figured it out right away.  There are some significant storage requirements in Colorado for remote notarizations.  I believe that the notary has to video and then retain the video.  For other than notarized documents our state law says that anything that a person acknowledges as their signature is valid, so just typing your name in an adobe document is sufficient.

Tom Carr
Boulder City Attorney

[...]

We have been using it as well. One of our paralegals figured it out right away. There are some significant storage requirements in Colorado for remote notarizations. I believe that the notary has to video and then retain the video. For other than notarized documents our state law says that anything that a person acknowledges as their signature is valid, so just typing your name in an adobe document is sufficient. Tom Carr Boulder City Attorney (pronouns: He/Him/His) What's This?<https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why> From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Rodriguez, Stacy Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 8:40 AM To: deidra.penny@houstontx.gov; Robin Cross <RCross@thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov>; Bob Sterbank <BSterbank@snoqualmiewa.gov>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] [INTERNAL]RE: [EXTERNAL] E-signatures and electronic and remote notarization? External Sender Our city secretary has obtained the online notary certification and has been helping us. The process has been easy. We email her the unsigned document; she sets it up in her system (she uses Adobe Sign) and sends it to the signer; the signer submits it back to her with an electronic signature; and she sends us the notarized document. The whole thing only takes a few minutes normally. [cid:image001.png@01D68C0B.9C211130]<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dallascitynews.net%2F&data=02%7C01%7CCarrT%40bouldercolorado.gov%7C94ccc5eb46e04e5b128508d85a4eaaca%7C0a7f94bb40af4edcafad2c1af27bc0f3%7C0%7C0%7C637358641642431803&sdata=%2BCQfxw9S33LiUrn%2BTFUQHUCvNXyr3es1uFYc4CvMfwE%3D&reserved=0> Stacy Jordan Rodriguez Executive Assistant City Attorney General Litigation Section Chief City of Dallas Dallas City Attorney’s Office 1500 Marilla St., 7DN Dallas, TX 75201 O: 214-670-3476 C: 214-335-6733 F: 214-670-0622 stacy.rodriguez@dallascityhall.com<mailto:stacy.rodriguez@dallascityhall.com> **Please be advised that this e-mail is subject to being disclosed pursuant to a request for public information under the Texas Public Information Act. Please respond accordingly.** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication, including attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, an employee or agent of the intended recipient who is responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, or you believe that you have received this communication in error, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited, may be unlawful, and are requested to reply to this email to notify the sender that you have received the communication in error and promptly delete this e-mail, including attachments without reading or saving them in any manner. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not a waiver of any attorney/client or other privilege. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Penny, Deidra - LGL Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:21 AM To: Robin Cross <RCross@thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov<mailto:RCross@thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov>>; Bob Sterbank <BSterbank@snoqualmiewa.gov<mailto:BSterbank@snoqualmiewa.gov>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: Re: [Disasterrelief] [INTERNAL]RE: [EXTERNAL] E-signatures and electronic and remote notarization? External Email! Same here. We are using DocuSign and have not gotten it set it up yet or our folks certified to do electronic notarization. Deidra Penny Deputy City Attorney & First Assistant City Attorney City of Houston Legal Department 900 Bagby, 4th Floor<x-apple-data-detectors://0/1> Houston, Texas 77002<x-apple-data-detectors://0/1> Deidra.Penny@HoustonTx.gov<mailto:Deidra.Penny@HoustonTx.gov> 832.393.6246<tel:832.393.6246> (O) The information contained above or attached is privileged and/or confidential. If you received this data in error, please notify me, destroy all copies immediately and do not copy or distribute the information. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Robin Cross Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:17 AM To: Bob Sterbank <BSterbank@snoqualmiewa.gov<mailto:BSterbank@snoqualmiewa.gov>>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [Disasterrelief] [INTERNAL]RE: [EXTERNAL] E-signatures and electronic and remote notarization? [Message Came from Outside the City of Houston Mail System] We have been using DocuSign with our vendors. Texas state law permits electronic signatures and considers them essentially to be as valid as “wet” or hard copy signatures. We have not yet used electronic notary systems, but can forward you an email that has more information on a remote notary system they use and seem to like. Robin Cross Township Attorney The Woodlands Township From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Bob Sterbank Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 5:16 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [EXTERNAL][Disasterrelief] E-signatures and electronic and remote notarization? Hi everyone, Does anyone use any of the commercially available electronic signature vendors (DocuSign, etc.) or are you considering doing so in the remote work pandemic times? If so, do any of your legal department have notaries who have electronic and/or remote notary certifications? (Washington State recently adopted emergency legislation allowing remote electronic notarization). If the answer to either question is yes, I’d be interested in hearing (offline, if you prefer) about pros / cons, costs, and would be interested in any RFP or other procurement process documents if you utilized such a process to choose the vendor. Thanks much in advance. Bob Bob C. Sterbank Snoqualmie City Attorney P.O. Box 987 38624 SE River Street Snoqualmie, WA 98065 (425) 831-1888 (direct) (425) 890-0232 (mobile) NOTICE: All emails, and attachments, sent to and from City of Snoqualmie may be public records and may be subject to disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Act (Chapter 42.56 RCW). CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This message may contain information that is protected by the attorney-client and/or work product privilege. If this message was sent to you in error, any use, disclosure, or distribution of its contents is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please contact me at the telephone number or email address listed above or contact our paralegal, Reina McCauley, at (425) 831-1888 and delete this message without printing, copying, or forwarding it. Thank you. *****This is an email from an EXTERNAL source. DO NOT click links or open attachments without positive sender verification of purpose. Never enter USERNAME, PASSWORD or sensitive information on linked pages from this email. ***** CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Please, do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
SW
Susan Woolf
Thu, Sep 17, 2020 2:34 PM

Robin and Bob,

Could you please send me offline the information you have concerning electronic signatures and electronic notaries, including citations to state specific law if applicable?  Thank you.

In the future, I think there should be a prohibition for having more than one disaster at a time ...

Susan

Susan A. Woolf, City Attorney
City of Pensacola
(850) 435-1615
swoolf@cityofpensacola.commailto:swoolf@cityofpensacola.com

Florida has a very broad public records law. As a result, any written communication created or received by City of Pensacola officials and employees will be made available to the public and media, upon request, unless otherwise exempt. Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this office. Instead, contact our office by phone or in writing.

[...]

Robin and Bob, Could you please send me offline the information you have concerning electronic signatures and electronic notaries, including citations to state specific law if applicable? Thank you. In the future, I think there should be a prohibition for having more than one disaster at a time ... Susan Susan A. Woolf, City Attorney City of Pensacola (850) 435-1615 swoolf@cityofpensacola.com<mailto:swoolf@cityofpensacola.com> Florida has a very broad public records law. As a result, any written communication created or received by City of Pensacola officials and employees will be made available to the public and media, upon request, unless otherwise exempt. Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this office. Instead, contact our office by phone or in writing. From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org> On Behalf Of Robin Cross Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:17 AM To: Bob Sterbank <BSterbank@snoqualmiewa.gov>; disasterrelief@lists.imla.org Subject: [Disasterrelief] [INTERNAL]RE: [EXTERNAL] E-signatures and electronic and remote notarization? THIS EMAIL IS FROM AN EXTERNAL EMAIL ACCOUNT We have been using DocuSign with our vendors. Texas state law permits electronic signatures and considers them essentially to be as valid as "wet" or hard copy signatures. We have not yet used electronic notary systems, but can forward you an email that has more information on a remote notary system they use and seem to like. Robin Cross Township Attorney The Woodlands Township From: Disasterrelief <disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief-bounces@lists.imla.org>> On Behalf Of Bob Sterbank Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 5:16 PM To: disasterrelief@lists.imla.org<mailto:disasterrelief@lists.imla.org> Subject: [EXTERNAL][Disasterrelief] E-signatures and electronic and remote notarization? Hi everyone, Does anyone use any of the commercially available electronic signature vendors (DocuSign, etc.) or are you considering doing so in the remote work pandemic times? If so, do any of your legal department have notaries who have electronic and/or remote notary certifications? (Washington State recently adopted emergency legislation allowing remote electronic notarization). If the answer to either question is yes, I'd be interested in hearing (offline, if you prefer) about pros / cons, costs, and would be interested in any RFP or other procurement process documents if you utilized such a process to choose the vendor. Thanks much in advance. Bob Bob C. Sterbank Snoqualmie City Attorney P.O. Box 987 38624 SE River Street Snoqualmie, WA 98065 (425) 831-1888 (direct) (425) 890-0232 (mobile) NOTICE: All emails, and attachments, sent to and from City of Snoqualmie may be public records and may be subject to disclosure pursuant to the Public Records Act (Chapter 42.56 RCW). CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This message may contain information that is protected by the attorney-client and/or work product privilege. If this message was sent to you in error, any use, disclosure, or distribution of its contents is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please contact me at the telephone number or email address listed above or contact our paralegal, Reina McCauley, at (425) 831-1888 and delete this message without printing, copying, or forwarding it. Thank you. *****This is an email from an EXTERNAL source. DO NOT click links or open attachments without positive sender verification of purpose. Never enter USERNAME, PASSWORD or sensitive information on linked pages from this email. *****