Individuals not respecting PHOs and claiming to be vaccinated

LA
Leuschel, Adam
Tue, Jan 26, 2021 8:09 PM

Has anyone dealt with individuals claiming that they do not have to comply with public health restrictions (such as respecting closures or mask wearing) because they have been vaccinated? We had this issue come up recently at our airport.

ADAM LEUSCHEL
assistant city attorney
o 505.768.4667
f 505.768.4525
aleuschel@cabq.govhttps://www.cabq.gov/

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail and its attachments are for the personal and confidential use of the named recipient(s) only and are intended, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to be privileged and confidential as an attorney-client communication and/or work product.  If you are not an intended recipient, or an agent responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient, you have received this e-mail in error.  In that event, please (i) immediately notify me by reply e-mail, (ii) do not review, copy, save, forward, or print this e-mail or any of its attachments, and (iii) immediately delete and/or destroy this e-mail and its attachments and all copies thereof.  Thank you for your cooperation.

[...]
KD
Knight, Donald
Tue, Jan 26, 2021 8:29 PM

I have not heard of that coming up here. I'm curious, were they prepared to show proof or is this like the folks that want to claim they can't wear a mask for non-specified "medical" reasons?
I don't know that reasoning with these folks is time well spent, but you could point out:

  • The regulation do not exempt those who have been vaccinated
  • Experts have not ruled out the possibility that vaccinated persons can spread the disease

[cid:image001.png@01D6F3EF.A20A0FB0]http://www.dallascitynews.net/

Don Knight
Senior Assistant City Attorney
City of Dallas
Dallas City Attorney's Office
Government Services Section
General Counsel Division
1500 Marilla St., 7DN
Dallas, TX 75201
O:  214-670-3224
don.knight@dallascityhall.commailto:don.knight@dallascityhall.com

DO NOT FORWARD WITHOUT SPECIFIC PERMISSION TO DO SO
Please be advised that this e-mail is subject to being disclosed pursuant to a request for public information under the Texas Public Information Act.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication, including attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, an employee or agent of the intended recipient who is responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, or you believe that you have received this communication in error, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited, may be unlawful, and are requested to reply to this email to notify the sender that you have received the communication in error and promptly delete this e-mail, including attachments without reading or saving them in any manner.  Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not a waiver of any attorney/client or other privilege.